bad day in tha hood..

slowrider87

Reaction score
im almost 100 percent sure you do not have to drop the tank to change the fuel pump. also, i dont believe a fuel pump would cause a "progressive" problem. its electical. it just fails. there really isn't any "going out" as some would say. either it works or it doesn't. I would check fuel pressure first. then ignition. the standard stuff.

Electric or not a pump is a pump. It can get weak. Only reason it WOULDN'T be progressive is if a connection went bad. Like a window motor. Un plug it and it doesn't work. But whis had a window motor "just go out"? Seriously.

X2 on the ign. Coil.

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
If you want to test the fuel pump just open the nut on the fuel rail and see if it squirts on the on position

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i think i have a bad fuel pump as well. i checked the main relay and found it to be good and i have power at the pump, but no sound from it. the main relay has a 2 sec on when the key is turned forward but not started. that process primes the fuel system. at the fuel pump, i had a constant 12v and a 2 sec 12v from the main relay. looks like my pump is bad, but i haven't bothered changing it yet since i have another car to drive.

if you are handy with a multimeter, let the back seat down and lift up your spare tire cover to find a metal cover with 3 screws. that will give you access to the fuel pump. unplug the triangular plug and there should be 2 pins that read 12v. one will be the constant and the other will be the 2 second delay from the main relay. oh, you can also try and listen for the pump if everything works before you do the above steps...lol

Back