ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

There is only one answer to this discussion. Tube frame front end.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Like I said, give me a full procedure, and I will faithfully follow it for the OEM part and test again with the ESP setup.

Support the rear on jack stands, on the frame, make sure it's level.

Jack up the front at one corner.

I tied a 'plum bob' (weighted string) to the alignment hole at the front. Measure from where the string is tied to the ground on both sides. Unbolt the rails. Remeasure both sides.

Set the car down.

Re-install the rails.

Repeat, jacking at the other corner. I had my wife help to make sure I lifted to the exact same height on both sides. 405mm at my measuring point put the car level.

BE CAREFUL the car may be unstable when lifted this way!

mr.turbo

Reaction score

i want one!!!

drax89

Reaction score

You are presenting a bunch of psuedoscience here to support your claim. I was debating responding to your posts......but i think it would fall upon deaf ears. I will be posting a review of the traction bars after I autocross the accord in a week or two.

Cheers.

Had a chance to test / review this ?

akoutmos

Reaction score

I am waiting on my car to get out of Speed Factory Racing. As soon as it is out and done, this is at the top of the list of things to do. It sucks not having a garage to do things yourself anymore -_-

drax89

Reaction score

I am waiting on my car to get out of Speed Factory Racing. As soon as it is out and done, this is at the top of the list of things to do. It sucks not having a garage to do things yourself anymore -_-

Went ahead and ordered one of these....8-10 weeks before it ships!

drax89

Reaction score

Are you kidding me??

Im assuming that it takes that long because I ordered it in chrome black instead of the standard semi-gloss black...so it will need to be powder coated....Will be awhile before I put it on car anyway, so I didn't ask, but still seems like an excessive time to wait

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Are you kidding me??

please understand I am not being harsh, just helping you understand the long wait/lead time.

He does make traction bars for a "multitude" of vehicles. They are made by hand. Probably made to order, not stocked.

I believe it is a 2 man operation -- he and his father if I am correct?

He also most likely has some R&D on the side. Runs the financial side of the business...

...and, yeah, a personal life too.

I feel privileged that he made these for the 4 cylinder Accords. Because alot of companies show no love for our cars. They would rather help out a Honda Fit, than ours.

I would be highly interested in a V6 model traction bar set up.
I am waiting on review of the product from Akutmos before us V6 guys ask him to look into R&D for our v6 models. This would be of GREAT benefit for us guys with J32's and J35's, as we have much more TQ than the J30's.

FWD cars need traction Bar setups, badly. This guy has stepped up and made one.

Thank you ESP.net

Last edited:
Back