Gas smell

datechboss101

Reaction score
Damn...why would any parent want there kids to be self reliant. That's a terrible way to live.
Yeah... now i have to get my wheel bearings done again [emoji25].... i cant trust mechs or dealers anymore... i think the mech used cheap chinese part. However, ill see if he can do it under warranty but using honda parts this time around and ill have him check the canister valve.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
That sucks hopefully they cover it under warranty and that its just the valve needing cleaning. Good luck let us know if you need anything else.

datechboss101

Reaction score
That sucks hopefully they cover it under warranty and that its just the valve needing cleaning. Good luck let us know if you need anything else.
Actually the CV joint is tore more than half. Mech took me under the car and I saw it and it was pretty bad. Not sure how it will affect the wheel bearing. Hadnt got the chance to inspect the evap system there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Find a mechanic that will let you bring him parts to install. That way you know exactly what quality part you are getting.

The hell with cv boots. My 95 Camry had a completely ripped boot for 6 years. And I still sold it as is. Still drove like a monster that I treated it. That car will never die.

Lol no seriously get it fixed. I neglected it because it simply didn't give a phuk

datechboss101

Reaction score
Find a mechanic that will let you bring him parts to install. That way you know exactly what quality part you are getting.

The hell with cv boots. My 95 Camry had a completely ripped boot for 6 years. And I still sold it as is. Still drove like a monster that I treated it. That car will never die.

Lol no seriously get it fixed. I neglected it because it simply didn't give a phuk

Honda did the Right CV axle before and they used NAPA (the factory option was dead a$$ expensive) and the mechanic uses NAPA parts (I think... i gotta ask him though). I brought him the radiator hoses and clamps earlier in the year and last month I brought him OEM Brake Fluid for the Nissan. Plus, the guy does really good job on the work.

datechboss101

Reaction score
So, two days ago, we got the garage installed finally :karate: and next thing I knew is that the gas smell was strong and raw. Since the mech ruled out the CAT, fuel lines, evap system, fuel injectors as the cause, the only real thing that theoretically be causing this is the Exhaust system, most likely from the muffler to the exhaust tip.

I have a thread posted about exhaust systems, but I am also considering a straight pipe or taking the exhaust to a shop in the Miami area. What's the best choice out of the three?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
So, two days ago, we got the garage installed finally :karate: and next thing I knew is that the gas smell was strong and raw. Since the mech ruled out the CAT, fuel lines, evap system, fuel injectors as the cause, the only real thing that theoretically be causing this is the Exhaust system, most likely from the muffler to the exhaust tip.

I have a thread posted about exhaust systems, but I am also considering a straight pipe or taking the exhaust to a shop in the Miami area. What's the best choice out of the three?

Are you getting any codes?

Enne

Reaction score
You wouldn't be getting a "raw" fuel smell from the exhaust... And for the love of all things holy, do not straight pipe your Honda Accord.

Back