March/April ROTM Winner "Red02AccordV6 2"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
The 6thgenaccord staff would like to say congratulations to Larry on winning ROTM! The theme this time was "Cleanest Modded Accord" and as you can see Larry's accord defines clean. He has personally been an inspiration of mine for not only his accord, but his photography. Congrats on the win!
red02accordpage.jpg

Factory Options
OEM Side Skirt
OEM Rear Lip

Interior Modifications
Air Freshener

Exterior Modifications
6000K D2S Bulbs
Denso Ballast
RX8 projector retrofit
Black Eyelids
Black Chrome Trim
Blacked Out Grill
Hide-Away License Plate
Side Markers
Smoked Tailights
Type-R Front Lip
Tint 20% Rear / 35% Front
WeatherTech Visors

Suspension Modifications
05' Gunmetal Acura TL Wheels
235/45/17 Tires
Acura TL-S Strut Bar
Comptech 22MM Rear Sway Bar
Brembo Blanks
Goodridge SS Brake Lines
Hawk HPS Pads
AMR Coilovers

Engine/Performance
B&M Transmission Cooler and Filter
Comptech Icebox w/ K&N Filter
Comptech Exhaust
Helix v1 TBS
UR Lightweight Crank Pulley
V6P Ground Wire Kit

Electronics
6Disc Cd Changer

accord916squad.jpg

DSC_9423.jpg

DSC_9414.jpg

DSC_8082.jpg

DSC_7090.jpg

DSC_6213.jpg

DSC_6197.jpg

DSC_4360-2.jpg

DSC_2232.jpg

4300636695_8be9f467a6_o.jpg

1. Is this your first car?
No, this is my second car but this is the first car I purchased, financed, and paid off by myself.

2. How did you end up with the accord?
When it was time to purchase upgrade from my first car, I was torn between a 5thGen Prelude, a Toyota Celica Gt, and a 6thGen Accord Coupe. After nearly 6 month of debating back and forth, countless test drives, and numerous online searches I found the exact car I wanted, a red 2002 Honda Accord Coupe Ex V6, fully loaded. Every morning, I still get tingles when I walk out and see my car.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?

I first started modifying cars at the age of 16. I remember The Fast and the Furious movie had just come out and everyone was getting into the mainstream import scene. I received my license and first car shortly thereafter; she was a charcoal grey 90’ Accord 4dr. I didn’t have a lot of money to buy legit parts so I purchased all my parts from ebay or autozone. I admit, my car was riced out. Every possible ricer accessory add-on you could name, I had it. I’ve learned a lot since then, now with my 6thGen accord, I took a minimalistic approach and focused on clean and simple looking mods.

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?

No, I didn’t run into any problems.

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?
I do it for many reasons. I really enjoy working on my car. There’s a sense of accomplishment knowing you did the all the work yourself. I enjoy transforming my car into something that’s unique and personalized. I enjoy going to car shows and meet and sharing my passion for. I enjoy not only the aesthetic improvements but also the performance improvements. Once you’ve driven a car on a legit set of coilovers, it’s hard to drive on anything less.

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?
In the works are new wheels and lots of fender work. After that, maybe I’ll focus on performance mods or maybe I’ll just leave it along, I’m still very undecided.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?
None at the moment but I would like to pick up another 6thgen accord coupe to strip out and turn into a dedicated track car.

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?
My favorite aspect of my car is definitely the aesthetics. I love the simplistic angular lines, the overall wedge shape of the coupe body style, the aggressive but slightly feminine headlight, grill and bumper.

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?

I’d like to give a shout out to the people at V6Performance.net & 6thGenAccord.com, where the the cleanest accords on the net reside. Without them I'd be lost in a sea of rice'd out buckets. And thanks to my family and my friends for their patience and support.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Congrats man, I've always loved your car and it's been an inspiration for me since I first saw it. Didn't know you started with a CB7 too. I also had a 90 4 door (in red though). You have to love the 6th gen coupe lines, they're amazing!

Raul

Reaction score
Congrats Larry, a very well deserved win for sure! Also thanks for some photoshop tips :). I wudnt change a thing in your car but it broke my heart to see the spoiler being removed. Something just does not feel right....just my opinion....big fan of your coupe! Still deciding if i should get TL rims lol

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
thanks for all the comments guys. Winning this means a lot. I've been a part of the accord modding scene for a long time and it feels good to be recognized. lol. Props to Eric for organizing all ROTM contests. Thanks again to everyone for their support & votes and comments. :thumbup:

itzcharlie

Reaction score
congrats man well deserved.. ur one of the many accords i look up too .. ur the one that help me decide which wheels to get lol

BigAnt

Reaction score
Congrats Larry.
Keep up the good work, by far the best looking coupe IMO.
I really like your photography.
:thumbsup:

Back