Turbo kit BACK on, Only getting 4/5 psi ?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Okay guys: I removed the kit to do emissions back in April, Drove for NA for a few months. Installed kit back.

Took off the electric boost controller and just running off wastegate:7psi.

Test drive today:Car hits around 4/5 psi and the BOV is very quiet.(special edition black HKS ssqv)

only changes: routed the 3" downpipe to STOCK CAT and STOCK Exhaust system for sleeper status, just wanted a little extra bump in power for a beater daily.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Check that nothin leaks or has blocks, then install a boost gauge where the oem wg is connected, a 'T' and taped to the hood will work, don't have to be permanent.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I found 1 loose clamp on top section of IC piping, Gotta take the bumper off to check the rest.
I got about 5/6psi now-so should be decent.

only upset now about how quiet the BOV is now?! it use to be so loud!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
The metal vac tube came off the back of the BOV when I pulled the vac line off, It went back into place. Maybe its broken tho causing the BOV to be super quiet..

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I ordered a test pipe to get rid of the stock CAT. Think the stock exhaust is causing it not to reach 7psi? I may add my boost controller on and raise it myself.

Checked all the clamps today and zip tied every vac line. So fingers crossed for tomorrows drive boost is at 7 and BOV is loud again.lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good luck! You probably fixed it, if everything else checks out a loss of pressure is almost always caused by a boost leak somewhere.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Boost signal right after turbo

Think only what happens on this side---intake

Compare what happens there, measure it! Boost gauges are on intake MANIFOLD!!

Boost measure there,
~same, turbo=turdo (turbo or exaust flow or wg)
~higher there=intake drag
~lower there=bad gauge

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, hardware stores (temporary!) water tank pressure gauge ~$10, adaptor brass fiting ~$3, lunch ~$7, so your in for $20.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Drove the car today,Still only at 5psi. Need a new BOV and install the test pipe.
the wastegate is hitting 7psi because I have an open dump tube.so I can hear it.lol

BOV is just chattering/Compressor surging.

Really thinking the exhaust is killing it,May force it higher with my boost controller.

I have all the vac lines and everything hooked up exactly how it was before I removed it.
BOV vac is 1st nipple on the intake manifold, Boost gauge is Td off of the BOV line.

Back