DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
Just got word that the sleeves and halfshaft are on their way back. Will do some final fitting and then off to the welder. Will only be welding the holes with a electrode at high amperage. Should hold until i get the custom driveshafts made in the UK sometime later this year.
IMG_20150327_180851.jpg

The rear engine mount is almost done.....again had some changes made but it should hold. The plan is to get the engine out next weekend and weld the final mount point to the subframe. After that can start thinking about washing the engine bay and start preparations to sand, prime and paint the engine bay.

Did some final panel test fitting as the mounts are almost final.
P_20150327_110453_HDR.jpg

P_20150327_110509_HDR.jpg

Only problem i had was with the alternator. One corner of the alternator is hitting the hood. At the moment i have 2 options.
1) Grind a bit off the alternator so the engine has room to move. The hood has about 2-3 mm of available space to lift without being higher then the side fenders.

2) Remove the some of the soundproofing from the hood.
Here is were it hits.
P_20150327_110527_HDR.jpg

Will be ordering new fans tomorrow. Will opt for the front fans as there is a lot of room between the bumper and AC radiator. Should be fine with 2 x (13" or 14" ) fans.

Starting to think that i might have to upgrade the brakes to CL-s 326mm. The stock calipers look so small:
P_20150327_110805_HDR.jpg

P_20150327_110851_HDR.jpg

My vacation will be over on monday but have already plans to work a few days a week on the car after work. The Throttle body should be here by the end of next week so can do the rewiring on the engine harness in the meantime.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Someone recently told me the material attached to the underside of the hood is actually for engine fires....the plastic clips holding it to the hood melt and it drops to suffocate the flames or at least contain them.

I need to trim mine as it rubs the J32 engine covers.

Those temporary axles are crazy lol. Nice progress!

Brad2274

Reaction score
if i were you i would do the RL 4 piston caliper upgrade, it can be done for less than 500 sometimes

quicksilver77

Reaction score
Starting to think that i might have to upgrade the brakes to CL-s 326mm. The stock calipers look so small:
P_20150327_110805_HDR.jpg

P_20150327_110851_HDR.jpg

Perhaps you should look for the brakes from the European Honda Accord Type-S 2.4 VIII generation? It's easier to get and fit without a problem.

I see that you did retractable headlight washers. Cool idea.

DH48

Reaction score
Perhaps you should look for the brakes from the European Honda Accord Type-S 2.4 VIII generation? It's easier to get and fit without a problem.

I see that you did retractable headlight washers. Cool idea.

Well the 7 gen should have 282mm and 300mm and going to 300 mm is not worth the hassle.

LOL, looks like i fooled a nother person :henry: There are no retractable washers.....well i have them and that is a future mod. I am missing the covers. So what are you looking at in the pictures ? it is cut pieces of a plastic ruler, glued and primed. Why you say?? well the retrofits require washers that my front pumper did not have. They just need to see if you have the washers. They do not test them so to pass the annual inspection i did what you see. At the time i had the retractable washers just the stock CG pump did not build up enough pressure. Rather then spraying it more or less peed. Last summer i bought a CL9 pump but just have not had time to mod it. First the engine then the cosmetic mods.

DH48

Reaction score
Small update: What i got in the mail today.
P_20150408_105009_HDR.jpg

Have been been test fitting the driveshafts and need to cut a bit more off. After that will give them to the guy who will weld them. As for the mounts they are now in place and the rear mount is welded to the frame. Will try to start work on the exhaust at the end of this week. If lucky i will not have to go on a week long business trip this Sunday. If i do then will not be able to work on the accord as i need to get my K24 civic tuned and ready for a dragrace event on the 18th.

Lucky for me the needed parts list is getting smaller and smaller. Now just need to get a few more 2" pipes, two cat.s (one for 3 cyl), Innovate MTX-L wideband and some copper pipes for the clutch slave and master cylinder. Hope to have the MR2 PS parts on the 20th of April.

Will update when i have gotten a bit more done.

Varnell

Reaction score
I always look for updates in this thread when I sign on. Makes me appreciate how simple a J32 swap is. What wheels are those? They look great.

DH48

Reaction score
The rims are Kosei RT sports but with the paint striped. Will have them restored after i get to the cars bodywork and paint.

DH48

Reaction score
Not a startup update but starting to get there.

The engine is now out for the last time and have started work on the engine bay. A few more cuts and weld here and there and a small modification to the AC unit inlet and outlet pipes and van start cleaning and painting. Also waiting for the body sealant adhesive to harden on the welds (just to give it a smooth factory look).
Crappy photo pf the mounts:
P_20150516_145043_LL.jpg

Rear mount welded to the subframe
P_20150516_145149.jpg

Driders side done with the body adhesive
P_20150516_145133.jpg

Engine with half of the rear mount (painted black)
P_20150516_145028.jpg

Drive shafts are also done with new CV joints and boots. Almost all the exhaust components have arrived. Still looking for a 2"-2.25" X-type (for some reason magnaflow only offers 2,5" and up.
P_20150516_145014_HDR.jpg

Oilpan is done and installed. Only picture i have is from the inside. It has now been painted and i used a liquid metal adhesive on the welds (just in case)
P_20150426_180133.jpg

So now i am waiting for silicone hoses and bends to arrive from the UK. Power steering and AC pump fitting i will leave for last as i do not need them to get the engine running. The belt tensioner for the AC has been modified so the AC pump and belt will not be a problem later. I will be away next week so will not be able to work on the car on the weekend. Will get a week of on the 4th of June so will hope to get the enginebay painted and the engine in with most of the other parts installed. Should get a answer on the custom shift linkage soon. I might just get the 2,3 meter long shift linkage cables i needed.

Will be ordering two highflow cat.s one Innovate MTX-l next week.

Last edited:
Back