My hiatus

Brad2274

Reaction score
So im sure you guys have noticed i've been missing for a few months now, you can thank summer classes for that.
But also i've kinda ran out of things to do on the car, i enjoy the simple mods and i've really done everything ive wanted minus going all out with wheels/stretch or swapping a j32 in.
My taste and personality is changing constantly in college and i really want something stick and rwd, something not slammed or at least not painted nicely and slammed(thank you jacksonville roads for those cracks) and also something 4x4 for overlanding and more space.

So after saving and searching a few months i picked up this beaut 1995 montero 165k miles for 1240$

already started painting it desert tan with white roof, will be adding bumpers and wilderness rack soon.

So, to cut to the chase, i'm selling the accord :Boo::Boo: no part out hopefully
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/5103471140.html
just got an offer for 4500 and im showing it to them friday, im trying to get at least 4400 because thats what i could get total if parting out and returning to stock.
This is hard for me to do, but i dont want my first car forever, and the money will go into the montero and half set aside for a little beater or drift car project. ive had plenty of good memories and plenty of bad in this car so its time to let it go while its still in good shape :lawl: i still love driving this car but i know its time because im enjoying this montero and modifying it so much. ill still be checking in here and there though, may start a thread for the montero.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Who are you again?

:lawl:

I'd trust a 15 year old 165k mile Honda over a 20 year old 165k mile Mitsubishi haha. But the heart wants what the heart wants (yep now that's in your head lol). Older Montero's are cool, they look "Land Rover-ish" but less money to maintain. I'd just make sure it's sorted mechanically before you make it your daily. Maybe you've already done that.

I hate to see your coupe go, it is a one of a kind with the lip kit and interior swap alone. Personally I'd pay more than what you're asking for it. Btw, Progress RSB is 24mm. ;) Wish I could have grabbed those headlights from you.

Def make a thread for the Montero, I look forward to seeing what you do with it given that your Accord was amazing. I really dig the new paint scheme you're going for with it!

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
Hahah thanks Chris, apparently these mitsu 3.0 v6s last forever if maintained well, and the transmissions are bulletproof and never really go out. But I have heard people saying its not 'Honda reliable' honestly if I could have a j35 in it I would lol(don't tempt me, I might actually try it).

I just need it sold before next semester, thus the pricing. If it doesn't sell soon then the headlights and lip kit are going first!

Hey I've got an OEM gold v6 badge in good shape with your name on if you want it! Youve helped me more than neccisary, Just pay the shipping lol

Varnell

Reaction score
I hate to see you're exiting the 6GA scene. Somebody is getting a steal for that price. If you were closer I'd definitely have to work something out with you. My daily would be clean and the black beast would be for the weekends. lol

I'm glad to see your inspiration coming back with a new ride. Sometimes you just need a break or another car to spark it back to life.

I think I sent you a pm a little over a month ago; did you ever find pics of the welding for the RSX seats? As soon as I find a shop willing to weld them in I plan on doing it.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Nooo,,, don't let her goo... I liked your coupe so much that it's hard to believe what you're doing, but I respect your new motivations. "Bullet-proof AT", I really like that haha. Yea, plz make the Montero thread, so you'll be around here! (I'd tempt you for a J35 tho haha.)

Brad2274

Reaction score
will do!
Car just sold the other day, got $4100 for it!! really weird seeing it go, but glad i sold it as i was scared having it in jacksonville and id rather have my money back out before something bad happens to it again lol.

DrDoom

Reaction score
Saw that car on craigslist definitely modded right. Seeing all that work going for 4k is sad to see. I could never sell my accord cause no one would want it!

Back