thoughs yonaka coilovers

TedMicer

Reaction score
Ohk i came across a pair of yonaka 1pce coilovers for real cheap brand new in box are these any good

vPatho

Reaction score
I haven't tried them myself but I was looking at them as well and there's a Youtube Channel called "Engineering Explained" that does a review on them (It's on an Integra though)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I also have no experience, but...

I tried TruHart, there were no reviews I found, but they were cheap, sorta. Also my rear struts were damn near dead, again, and so were front for the 1st time. The OEM lasted a long time, but the cheapo aftermarket (stock replacement rear from Advanced Auto, OEM front) died in ~2 years, like 25k miles. So I was going to run OEM, again, with the H&R race springs(lower than H&R street), again.

Once I checked on prices...well I decided to try 'em out, because they were cheaper than 4 new OEM struts. After 6 months they weren't leaking so I finally got rid of my stock ones (which I kept fully assembled, ready to install, in case). They are still working after almost a year, with regular inspections.

So, the point:
only try them if you can justify the price. Consider any use a test.

-the only thing I have to say about them, the TruHart person told me to not run any spring preload, but I do. They were too low before, at their full height. Some people may like their car to be super low, or something, idk. My car is set at the lowest I consider a good daily driver would have, I even pull a trailer (camper, thing, lol), and go 'off-road'. Really, not like rock climbing, but sometimes I venture off the road, on grass, as long as the ground looks flat-ish...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I haven't tried them myself but I was looking at them as well and there's a Youtube Channel called "Engineering Explained" that does a review on them (It's on an Integra though)

they look pretty soft in that video too. they only sell one type of coilover for the integra and based off of yonaka's site it says the fronts are 12k for the integra setup. judging from that video i'd say they far from that mark.

reading a couple things real quick about them on honda-tech as well, they don't seem to be anything worthwhile. for a brand new coilover suspension at $550, i wouldn't expect them to last much longer than it would take to save up that money. there's definitely no type of r&d done on them, and probably low to none quality control. they probably just throw some whatever springs on some cheap shocks and off they go.

based on my experience of driving lowered cars for ten years now, the cheaper the product, the worse it is. the first suspension i put on my first accord was cheap, and lasted about two months. i'm not saying buy the most expensive setup you can find, but cheap garbage like this is usually exactly that, cheap garbage. speaking of cheap garbage, function form is right there by the top, so as a word of advice, stay far away from them haha. i had a set of ksports on my last accord, and they were great, had them for 4 years and a little over 40k miles without a problem. i'd recommend them, but there seem to be mixed reviews.

the suspension is one of the more important pieces of your car, do you really want a full coilover that costs $137.50 per corner? that doesn't even sound safe. if they can sell it at that price, imagine how cheaply it was made for, that's even scarier. wouldn't be as scary as spinning out going down the highway at 70 though, i bet.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Couple other threads on these, might have some helpful info for you. Can't say I recommend them, personally. I'd keep saving.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Just visited their web site... And saw this:
Yonaka Hashiri-Ma
Yonaka (YO-NAA-KAA) is the Japanese word for Midnight -- the combination of the two words "YORU" which means night and NAKA which means the middle.

Technically, Yonaka means "middle of the night" but most japanese people understand it as late night, usually midnight until about 2:00am.Our full name in Japanese is, Yonaka Hashiri-Ma, which when literally translated means roughly "middle of the night car racing maniacs".

The term Motorsports is widely understood in Japan with the same meaning it has in North America.

In Japanese, the term "Racing Maniacs" is written as "走り屋". "走り"="Hashiri" & "屋"= "Ya"

Yes, it's called "Hashiri-Ya". Not, "Hashiri-Ma" :lawl:
Well, it's their naming, and maybe their "Ma" came from "Maniacs", but JPN ppl never say Hashiri-Ma. Never heard of that term lol. It has always been called as Hashiri-Ya, before we were even born haha.

Aanywaays..

Dear OP: I'd stay away from it, and get a quality / trusted / named-brand coilovers, if I were you. I Just don't want you to get in a trouble on the road... B/c you never know when/what can go wrong, if you cheap out on suspension components on a car. Just my 2¢.

Last edited:

TedMicer

Reaction score
I was gonna get them for less than $100 bucks from a friend who totaled his accord imma try them out and let you guys know how they feel

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
$100 suspension off of a totaled accord...that sounds great :rolleyes: why even ask if you were just going to get them anyway? seems like a waste of time to me (the post and all the work you'll be doing with swapping in, and eventually out, the suspension).

your profile says you're already on tein springs and koni yellows, i have no expeience with either of those and i'm not really fond of tein, but that setup is leaps and bounds better than the coils you're asking about.

Back