Saying herroooo...

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
Sup guys?

I have a question about my wife's accord. Its a 2000 J30 coupe, and its what I use to get around in the snow, since my car is sketch as fuuuu in the snow, and I'd rather not have some jackass that can't drive in the snow run into my car.

So my question is, how do you turn off traction control? It has a 3 switch housing where there's a blank, a cruise control and a sunroof switch. I can only imagine its suppose to have a ATS switch right there, but since it doesn't is there no real way to turn off traction control?

Thanks in advance.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't think traction control made its way into these cars until 2001. Which makes sense if there is no switch. Cars that do have TCS have a switch.

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
I don't think traction control made its way into these cars until 2001. Which makes sense if there is no switch. Cars that do have TCS have a switch.

Oh it definitely has traction control. Once it starts to slip it kicks in and acts like a little bltch. Starts hesitating or whatever you want to call that lame **** that TC does.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I don't have traction control on my accord but there should defintely be a switch for it. When the TCS kicks in on in the dodge magnum I drive sometimes a light on the dash will show. I have no idea of the accords do that but I member that TCS should be able to tell you, but im with Chris about thinking it was only on 01-02

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
No light comes on or anything, I know what you mean, but its definitely engaging. If it didn't have TC it would just spin, like I want it to. lol

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
I'm not high. lol I'm a fellow gearhead. I know what it feels like when your car tries to neuter you. I'd post a pic of my car but your forum doesn't want me to. Says my file is too big and won't let me insert an img because I have to be here longer than 7 days. lol

The man be holding me down!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
Nah I hear ya. This vin is a Y. Its definitely a 2000. Unless its the auto doing something weird... It feels just like any normal junk *** TCS would feel.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
To my knowledge, the TCS for 6gen is '01-'02. The system is always enabled all the time, unless you disable it by pushing the TCS switch, right above the cruise control main switch. When it's disabled, you see an amber indicator in your gage cluster says TCS.

FWD_FTL

Reaction score
If I find myself in a situation that calls for it, I'll take a short video. Maybe by then I'll be able to post links. lol

Back