Just finish DIY painting my Mugen lips

JDM Accord 510

Reaction score
This was my first time doing it. It still a bit rough, I don't think that 2 coats of clear coat is enough yet. But I didn't expect it to be that rough still after two coats. It just looks like flat silver. Enjoy!

Last edited:

white beauty

Reaction score
looks really good man.....what kind of paint did u use and where did u get it?? im trying to paint my front bumper but dont know how to go about it and where i get the supplies etc...any advice??

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
looks really good man.....what kind of paint did u use and where did u get it?? im trying to paint my front bumper but dont know how to go about it and where i get the supplies etc...any advice??

same here man what did you use?

JDM Accord 510

Reaction score

I bought the Duplicolor brand and the import auto spray type. I got them all from Kragen. Since my car was Silver Metalic, I just bought the one that said Silver Metalic on the can since Duplicolor has the best OEM match color. The color didn't come out too bad, it will be off from the OEM color of the car because of the long years of out in the sun.

To start off I just took the mixture of other peoples ideas and ways for what I think is the best way of doing this, I am not a pro at it. I do not have any experience with painting anything so this was my first time.

Painting your entire front bumper with cans of spray paint may look really off by a whole lot compared to professional ones. I would say to start off by wet sanding your bumper with a 200 grit sandpaper to get all the old paint off. After that you should clean off the area and probably wet sand it again with a 1000 grit or higher to make it smooth so that you can get the primer to stick on the surface. Primer up the bumper with 1 or 2 coats, I say 1 coat of primer is enough.

After primer slap on as many coats of the base paint as you want. You should let it dry over night or if your like me slap on the clear coat after 1 hour of it drying. Put on more clear coat for a more glossy look.

Back