ebay short shifter

minituck04

Reaction score
i have an automatic but i was just wondering. whats the difference in an ebay short shifter and say a dc or skunk short shifter besides the name and that they are all made of alum?

xluben

Reaction score
they are all basically the same principal, but some are slightly different shapes. i think
there are several on ebay that appear to be the EXACT same as the dc sports adapter.

take a look at my thread:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4232

if possible you'd want one that comes with a roller bushing to attach the stock
linkage to. mine just uses a plain bolt, so the linkage rotates via metal-on-metal
contact with the bolt threads :(

also some have a notch out of the top, so they don't hit the shift boot, but i've heard
that some will still hit it anyways. a little dremel work and this is no longer a problem :)

dynasty

Reaction score
question, why would you need a short shifter adapter for an auto. unless your talking about the shifter stick to be shorter.

i should do this to my sister's GSR. her car is bone stock right now. it got potential though. ;]

minituck04

Reaction score
not going to do anything. just wondering in the fact that people buy short shifters and they all look the same. just wondering what is the difference in an ebay shifter as compared to a name brand one beside the obvious ( THE NAME).

dynasty

Reaction score
just to clarify something, there is a short shifter, and then there's a short shifter adapter. some people cut their shifter shorter and called it "short shifter". but the small adapter makes the shifting shorter and faster. so hope everyone is going on the same road.

minituck04

Reaction score
yeah im talkin bout the actual short shifter not a shorter shift lever. why are some sold so cheap and others sold for and arm and a leg when the seem to be made of the same material with the same setup. same parts. i know you get what you pay for but that doesnt always apply to everything. i buy my jeans from target and they last me just as long as my express ones. so can someone shed a light on this please. thanks

Jeffro

Reaction score
All adapters that I've seen are the same no matter the price. The only difference is whether there is a roller or not to keep the throws smooth. Buy one cheap and cut your shifter shorter and you'll be fine. If you want an even shorter throw or shorter shifter, buy the complete kit, like the pspec. Otherwise, there's only so far the linkage can be moved in such a tight place, so any difference is going to miniscule at best.

xluben

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
All adapters that I've seen are the same no matter the price. The only difference is whether there is a roller or not to keep the throws smooth. Buy one cheap and cut your shifter shorter and you'll be fine. If you want an even shorter throw or shorter shifter, buy the complete kit, like the pspec. Otherwise, there's only so far the linkage can be moved in such a tight place, so any difference is going to miniscule at best.

it's not the room that really limits the linkage point, it's the fact that the linkage is
a rod, and only has enough play to move that far up. any more and you'd bend it.

even cutting your shaft down, it's no where near as short as a pspec. i
think pspec has a very short shaft and actually a lower connection
point. therefore the throws can be short AND smooth.

my throws (ebay short shifter and cut shaft) are about as short as a pspec,
but it's taller, so the throws are a bit notchy into the gears :(

but i've purchased a spare oem shifter, and if i have time this summer i plan
on making a pspec-style shift lever, but i'd like to make mine FULLY adjustable
(shifter height and linkage point).

Back