Never seen these...if you like CF interior bits

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Could be kinda cool in the right interior...

DSCN6260-700x700.JPG

They have other CF parts like A-pillars, cluster bezels, etc:
http://special-carbonfiber.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=199

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............

Looks delicious..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've never seen those. Idk how it wood look in tan interior tho?

I think these parts would be more at home in a darker interior. That's me though.

The A pillars don't look that bad. I wonder how they hold up against UV rays and if they turn yellow over time

Their site says their parts are clear coated for UV protection, so I guess they are supposed to be resistant to yellow/fading.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
These parts have been around for years, but it's nice that they're still getting some exposure.

Clearcoating them for UV protection is a must, but it doesn't make them resistant to yellowing/fading. That problem actually starts within the resin underneath the clearcoat. A good clearcoating won't mask the problems of poor resin. Just FYI. Most companies use decent resins, but if your carbon part ever yellows then you'll know yours was made poorly.

For what it's worth, the door pillars shouldn't be exposed to extreme sunlight and will probably hold up better than other carbon pieces. I'd be more weary of them getting repeatedly scuffed and scratched than fading.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
For UV concern: Tinting windows all around, including the windshield would be the way to go. Most of the named-brand window films cut out 99% of UV.

For scratch concern: Have those parts clear-bra'ed.

That's what I would do, if I ever get these products.

Mikey

Reaction score
I like the look of the dash bezel in CF. I wonder whose car they used in that photo...

Back