new member in San Antonio, TX

el gallo

Reaction score
Hello all Im Carlos and this is Crystal,

i ended up with this sedan from my mom as a gift.
she is a 99 ulev with all the patina from urban use. no major plans for it just something to tow the kids in.
as of now the only thing done to it have been lowering springs in the front which i need help identifying(i'll explain later) and a nice tein/tokico for the rear, and to compliment them with a strut bar. all of them from a trip to the local salvage yard for a parts run a few days ago.

i cam across this site looking for advice how ti fix and maintain this particular vehicle and ended up staying up till four in the morning surfing around the forum.

in advance i would like to thank all of you for sharing your advice and opinions.

so i would like a little help to identify what this spring is,
so i had noticed that the accord i was salvaging parts from had orange springs and on the strut tower had a sticker from Eibach. when i mounted them on it dropped the front end by 1.5 inches. any help or direction into what they are would be awesome, and before anyone does say it, i have been looking with no avail.

( so i tried posting pics but the site is holding that privilege for later. but if you look in my albums i have posted them there. )

el gallo

Reaction score
Welcome! What color are the springs?

there is a pic of it in my album.

orange in color, it had dropped the front 1.50 inches and there was a sticker from eibach but that was on the strut tower nothing on the spring indicating what it is.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are Eibach springs for the 6GA that drop it 1.5" (Pro Kit), but they are black. Sportlines (2" drop) and all other springs from Eibach made for this car are red I think. So the only way they could be Eibach springs are if they were painted or faded.

Ksport springs could be orange, not sure. Or some cheap Ebay spring maybe. Or these springs could be from another car if this person didn't know what they were doing. Either way suspension is an important part of the car, if you are happy with the Tokico/Tein setup at the rear I'd replicate that at the front. If you do that I'd replace the rear shocks because you don't know how old they are and they could blow.

This is somewhat a can of worms because front and rear suspension are supposed to have certain spring rates in respect to each other. So I'd find out what the rear ones are and match the front accordingly. Good luck, and welcome btw.

el gallo

Reaction score
There are Eibach springs for the 6GA that drop it 1.5" (Pro Kit), but they are black. Sportlines (2" drop) and all other springs from Eibach made for this car are red I think. So the only way they could be Eibach springs are if they were painted or faded.

Ksport springs could be orange, not sure. Or some cheap Ebay spring maybe. Or these springs could be from another car if this person didn't know what they were doing. Either way suspension is an important part of the car, if you are happy with the Tokico/Tein setup at the rear I'd replicate that at the front. If you do that I'd replace the rear shocks because you don't know how old they are and they could blow.

This is somewhat a can of worms because front and rear suspension are supposed to have certain spring rates in respect to each other. So I'd find out what the rear ones are and match the front accordingly. Good luck, and welcome btw.

Thanks ReRyder
i definitely understand about replacing the shocks because of unknown use. the rears are tien r-p1h95-0u0 fhc printed on spring and tokico shock i dont remember the part number.

as for riding around with i do have the ride seems good. not to stiff and bouncy no sagging. but will be replacing as soon as i can, the shocks.

no fading its a constant orange all around.

Thanks again.

james'99

Reaction score
picture.php

Those are very orange! Maybe someone else will recognize? I've never seen 'em.

Back