New to the Forum

bocas0225

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen..... I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2002 Honda Accord coupe with a 2.3L ULEV V-TEC 5 Speed Manual Transmission. I got luck and the car came lowered already. Im putting some work in to the car to make sure its going to be running correctly due to the fact that the person I bought it from "Monkey ****ed" some things on the car and lied to me about some of the stuff that was supposedly already done to the car. If anyone can help me with any information about 6th Gen Accords that would be greatly appreciated.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home. Yeah, let's make sure how exactly is the car being lowered. Hopefully, they're not cut springs or anything..

Nice that you got a MT. One less thing to worry about (the famous 6GA AT issue.)

Varnell

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I ran into this situation with my most recent 6th gen. Some basic knowledge will get things straightened out. Definitely check out the recall link that Red Ryder posted to avoid getting a face full of exploding shrapnel.

Take some pictures of the struts/springs/coilovers that the car is lowered on. We should be able to figure what brand they are. Might as well take some pics of the UCA joints and rear camber kit if the car isn't running natural camber. Make sure your brakes are working properly. Have a mechanic looks things over if you're not comfortable assessing all this yourself.

All that takes care of your safety. Next comes making sure the internals are in order. Search the forum for easy ways to tune-up the car. Enjoy your DIYs and hopefully the car wasn't as questionably put together as my '99.

Back