Eibach Prokit vs Sportline Springs

cg4ever

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For my cg4 ( F20B5 ) I'm planning on using Bilstein B8 shocks and was thinking of accoupling them with Eibach Prokit springs.

The thing is i read somewhere in a thread that the sportline springs are more comfortable even going lower than the Prokit.

Is this statement valid ? Anyone was able to ride with both springs and have an opinion on this ?

Prokit and Sportline users please could you give me your ride impression about comfort level ?

Personally i'm looking for something more in the comfortable side and the drop would be only aesthetic.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I've got Prokit springs. From what I remember, the comfort level of them vs the OEM springs were essentially the same. This level of OEM ride type comfort is provided through the fact that the Prokit springs are in fact progressive and not linear.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've owned it all. :lawl:

In terms of ride comfort you won't lose much, they are both progressive springs with low rates so basically you get a lower stance with slightly firmer compression/rebound. If anything I noticed the car felt more controlled and tightened up than any less comfortable. Sure you feel everything a little more, but not by much.

The thing with either set of springs is they lower the car the same front and back, and these cars have more fender gap in front than rear from the factory. So unless you compensate for that, you'll end up with what we used to call "the boat look" where the front end of your car/wheel gap is higher than the rear. This is also known as reverse rake.

I paired both sets of springs with Koni Yellows which have the adjustable perches that allow for further height adjustment, plus those shocks have adjustable dampening. Dug up these old pics when I lowered on ProKits and the Koni's, CL Type-S wheels with 215/50/17 tires.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just remembered I think I have a set of Sportlines boxed up in my garage, if you're interested.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
prokit drop is almost non-existent :lawl:

i had the sportlines for a number of years.. good amount of drop, but still had a pretty noticeable amt of gap.. finally switched to coilovers after 5 years on the sportlines

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the irony is that the 8th gen sportline/yellow combo results in normal rake, but it may be because the sportlines are officially only for the 4 cylinders :lawl:

gwmneww.jpg

cg4ever

Reaction score
The "boat look" is definitively a concern. Most lower springs i've found are mostly the same all round drop and the thing is that i love having some slight raked stance. I think the lines of our coupe suits perfectly the raked stance.

So i need some springs that have some difference in drop between front and rear to couple with the Bilstein B8 struts and with a fair drop while staying close as possible to oem comfort. After some search i think i've found the perfect candidate, the Tanabe DF210 with their TDF023.

2.0 inch front drop and 1.5 for rear with a spring rate of 5.1/3.1.

And by the way here is a shot of a coupe with the TDF023. For me is the right drop and rake, not too agressive nor passive, just a good compromise.

tanabe_TDF023_2.jpg

cg4ever

Reaction score
Ok, noticed that the Tanabe springs doesn't come with the german TÜV certificat and in need this document in the country where i live because of the car inspection...

I think i may go with coiloivers then, unfortunately there isn't many coilovers manufacturer that deliver TÜV certificat but i found out that K-Sport germany does.

So what do you guys think about K-Sport coilovers for the coupe ? THe one i'm looking for is the Street coilovers version "name may differ is USA".

As i said i may drop something like 2 inch front and 1.5 rear. Do you think it's possible to stay close as oem comfort with this ride height and coilover type ? By the way i notice that this coilovers has 36 damping settings.

Any K-Sport coilovers user feedback would be welcome.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i had ksports on my sedan (it's the same suspension) and i loved them. they lasted for about 5 years and a little over 40k miles before i ever had an issue. only one shock ended up blowing out, and it would've been an easy piece to replace, but i decided to try out a different suspension anyway...which was a mistake haha. the ksports were great and i'd get them again without a question.

you won't get oem comfort with any lowering type suspension. some will be softer than others, but you won't have that same softness as the stock setup. lowering suspension systems have to be stiffer so that your car doesn't bottom out all the time. not only would you bottom out a lot, but it would also handle like crap.

ksports will be noticeably stiffer than stock suspension, but with the damper adjustment, you can make it softer. i prefer a stiff suspension, so on my ksports i had the damper turned up to make them stiffer, and i honestly never had them real soft, so i can't tell you how they are if you turn the damper down real low. i felt it was a well balanced suspension for the car though, and as i said, i'd have no issue getting them again. matter of fact, i'd recommend them!

another plus to them is that they're also coilovers, so once you decide you'd like your car to be lower, all you have to do is lower the suspension, rather than buy new springs and reinstall them all over again. you can also fine tune it so you don't get that boat look, which you can't really remedy other than buying something different and doing the work all over again if you just buy drop springs.

Back