THE Auto Detailing Product and Equipment Thread

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

Please keep all posting that is not a review out of this thread.

Buffers, Applicators, Waxs, Polishes etc. Put it all here.

Same Format:

Brand & Product Name:
Price paid and from where:
Pros:
Cons:
Final verdict:

Please keep all posting that is not a review out of this thread.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
41F8QDZT9FL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Brand & Product Name: TurtleWax Polishing Compund
Price paid and from where: ~$5 per can at Autozone
Pros: Really gets a smooth finish on dull spots, and freshly painted areas. If you rub hard enough, the stuff actually disappears and you just add more.
Cons: Gets stuck in cracks of surface if not careful. For example, polishing a trail light - gets in lines of light and annoying to get out of them.
Final verdict: 8/10 very useful product. I like a lot of TurtleWax's stuff, and they are mostly what I use on my car. Cheap way to get the smooth and shine back into something, prior to waxing the area.

pd_f21_superprotectant.jpg

Brand & Product Name: TurtleWax F21 Super Protectant
Price paid and from where: ~$6 at Autozone
Pros: Smells great (to me), puts a long-lasting gloss finish on vinyl and plastic, makes the car interior feel absolutely new.
Cons: If you get too much on one area and it stays wet, it forms an oil spot that doesn't go away unless you rub it out.
Final verdict: 9/10 great results. Leaves your car interior looking and smelling brand new.

Last edited:

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
eWash-P-TireP-BTireWetSp.jpg

Brand & Product Name: Black Magic Tire Wet
Price paid and from where: $5.98 From Autozone
Pros: Gives tires a really dark, and shiny finish. Whether you want your tires very, or semi glossy.
Cons: Doesn't last very long
Final verdict: 7/10, great add on for car wash days.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
pd_tw_colormagic.jpg

Brand & Product Name: Turtle Wax Color Magic
Price paid and from where: $9.98 Advance Auto Parts
Pros: See Below
Cons: None
Final verdict:
I went to the car wash this morning to wash my car. I did so, and when I was done and she was all dry I took a look at her and felt very disappointed. Seemed like the front bumper and leading edge of the hood were just riddled with rock chips. The car was COVERED in nasty swirls and minor surface scratches. At this point I REALLY felt like selling her. So I went to the auto parts store, and to say the least I am not a Turtle Wax fan at all. I typically only use Maguires Products, but I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try.

This is by far one of the BEST polishes I have used. Before polishing I would say my car looked 5/10, when I was done I'd say she was about 8/10. I applied this product by hand and I would say that 90% of the swirls and surface scratches were gone.

This product is color specific, so make sure you get the polish that goes with your car color.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
I'll add more to this later, I'm somewhat "Into" detailing.

ac8881d74caa87225bf511c16712176d.image.150x109.jpeg

Brand & Product Name: Migliore original Wax
Price paid and from where: $30 @ http://www.migliorewax.com
Pros: Great finish, lasts for a good amount of time, makes my Signet Silver paint really "pop". Jar lasts forever, doesn't take much for the whole car.
Cons: Price, though since it takes so long to go through a jar i'd say it's not very expensive at all.
Final verdict: Very good product. My personal wax of choice.

yhst-48992619017412_2044_558879

Brand & Product Name: Migliore Bella Lustra tire glaze
Price paid and from where: $15 @ http://www.migliorewax.com
Pros: Leaves the best matte black you can get, period. Works decently well for a wet shine, but not as good as a gel. Lasts longer though. Wont wear off completely in dry weather for at least a month, maybe 2.
Cons: Price, but as before, I think it's worth it.
Final verdict: Very good, my personal favorite tire glaze. I've just decided to eat the cost, and now only use this, for every wash. I would recommend using a tire glaze foam applicator, it makes the bottle last longer. bought a set of 2 for $3 @ Kragens.

41LSZaq2waL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Brand & Product Name: Stoner's Invisible Glass
Price paid and from where: $2.95 @ Kragens
Pros: Very good glass cleaner, doesn't streak, and if it does, a second application and then a wipe with a dry crossweave microfiber takes care of it. The can lasts for a LONG time
Cons: none as far as I can see.
Final verdict: Cheap, works great, lasts forever.my current can has lasted for at least 15 washes.

G_10764G_SW_1.jpg

Brand & Product Name: Mother's back-to-black
Price paid and from where: $5 @ Kragens
Pros: Turns faded grey plastic to it's original glory. Cheap, goes a long way. Great for all the plastic trim on our G6A's
Cons: will leave residue on certain plastics. the large plastic panels on both doors on G6A's are the only place i've had it occur. as long as I buff it more then needed elsewhere it wont show up
Final verdict: Great product, not the best protectant, but an EXCELENT restorer.

*G6A Tip*

Use 2 or 3 coats of back-to-black the plastic piece at the bottom of the windshield, and the wiper blade arms bases and wipers. It will come out VERY clean and make a HUGE difference with our cars appearance. ALWAYS use a terry towel with this stuff. use microfiber waffle weave if you need to buff it excessively (as mentioned before)

Also get:
-Roof plastic bands
-Front & rear windshield rubber edge trim
-door window rubber trim, plastic edges

BoyBlue

Reaction score
BRand & Product name: Shamwow
Price paid: $20 @ Pep Boys for a pack
Pros: Hmmm.
Cons: takes forever to get it to hold any water and only pushes water around on your car.
Final Verdic: I used this because I have hered good things about it. When I decided to dry my car after washing it today I found that i had to hold the shamwow in one spot for almost 20 seconds to soke up any water. Even after that all it did was smear the water around. What little bit of water it managed to soke up it did hold. I could dry my car faster with my t-shirt then with a shamwow. Don't get a shamwow thinking you are going to dry your car.:madrun:

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Invisible glass
Price paid and from where: 2.99 autozone
Pros: really good on glass
Cons: after cleaning, show all of the chips and defects on glass... and also kills tinted window... the tint part... it killed mine... LOL...
Final verdict: very good on the out side of the windows... bad, really bad idea for the inside of the window...

Brand & Product Name: sham wow aka crap wow
Price paid and from where: 20.00 at car show thinking it was fake so buy another 20.00 at eckerd thinking its the real one... they both ghey... and fake
Pros: good using with oil and wax but not worth the price
Cons: everything they say its fake... don't fall for it

Brand & Product Name: black magic tire wet
Price paid and from where: 3.75 when it was discounted at auto zone
Pros: very indeed wet look... wonderful look... looks like car show cars
Cons: if it touch the body... leaves oily stuff that won't get off unless using amonia/glass cleaner which ruins paints...
Final verdict: love the product but need to apply carefully cus its really messy and oily... especially if it touch the body paint... but i prefer the foam tire shine... cuz its not as messy, no oily residues, and the bad is that it won't be as shiny as the black magic tire wet...

Last edited:

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: The Absorber
Price paid and from where: About $10? Autozone
Pros: Soaks up water REALLY well and leaves no waterspots
Cons:It smells funny if you don't wash it frequently
Final verdict:VERY useful. It's a part of my car washing army of tools. It's VERY helpful in drying your car if you don't already use an auto-drying car wash or something.

Brand & Product Name:Armor All Tire Shine Gel
Price paid and from where: Don't remember.. Autozone
Pros:Tires get shiny and STAY shiny for a long time
Cons: It gets a little messy on your hands, but it's worth it for the long shine.

Brand & Product Name:Meguiar's Smooth Surface Kit
Price paid and from where:$17.99, Target
Pros:Gave car a real smooth touch to the paint and seemed to remove a lot of contaminants and residue
Cons:Not much, really.
Final verdict:Great product, I would definitely recommend.

itzcharlie

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Scratch-Off
Price paid and from where: 1.99$ Walmart
Pros: i used it on my headlights to remove the yellow haze on it and it removed most of it :] now my headlights clearer.
Cons: it doesnt have the yellow haze anymore but it still isnt as clear as i want it
Final verdict: For the price i think this product is good

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit
Price paid and from where: $20 from O'Reillys
Pros: Very simple, easy to use
Cons: Twenty bucks for something you might only use twice
Final verdict: Saw results in minutes, pictures below so you can see the difference.

Top one is after just a few minutes of working on it
001-1.jpg

Back