What'd you do to your accord today?

Varnell

Reaction score
Not sure if you can access your ecu or if Rich left the CLS 32pin E plug wires visible. Pins 6 and 7, if you have access. I'm sure he was thorough. I've heard horror stories of his harnesses failing recently. Not to scare you. When I get mine up and running in the next ten years I'll wire them up and let you know if the problem persists. I remember it irked me. You've driven it much longer, so I'm sure you'd love to pinpoint it.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
When my downstream o2 sensor went out the car wasn't even driveable. I started it one morning, began driving to work and the CEL came on after a couple minutes. Then the car started bogging down heavily and there was very little power, luckily I hadn't even made it out of my neighborhood and limped it back home.

Mine did this driving home from the garage where it was. I'm still saying crank sensor on my end, but I did get an O2 code. How far could you rev it up when this happened?

Not sure if you can access your ecu or if Rich left the CLS 32pin E plug wires visible. Pins 6 and 7, if you have access. I'm sure he was thorough. I've heard horror stories of his harnesses failing recently. Not to scare you. When I get mine up and running in the next ten years I'll wire them up and let you know if the problem persists. I remember it irked me. You've driven it much longer, so I'm sure you'd love to pinpoint it.

I've got those wires left out also, because your wiring diagram told me that you didn't use them. I guess I could try this out, but from the very limited driving I've done on my swap (less than 10 miles), I haven't seen an issue lol. Then again, all it does is idle in the driveway and not rev above 2,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, they're not really necessary for the car to run. This was the only hiccup and it doesn't happen every time. I doubt it's related to wiring since Rich knew his stuff. I could never pinpoint if it was off a cold start up, or just when I got a little happy in first gear after starting the car. Chris and I discussed flooring it to see if that produced a different result. Both of us being to worried about babying our swap would always let off the gas when happened. Then a nice little tap on the gas and she'd be as peppy as ever.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I'd have to take a look, I haven't dug into that area in a while. Thanks for the info, and keep me posted [in 10 years lol].

Mine did this driving home from the garage where it was. I'm still saying crank sensor on my end, but I did get an O2 code. How far could you rev it up when this happened?

Trying to remember, not very high. Definitely no more than 2500.

Yea, they're not really necessary for the car to run. This was the only hiccup and it doesn't happen every time. I doubt it's related to wiring since Rich knew his stuff. I could never pinpoint if it was off a cold start up, or just when I got a little happy in first gear after starting the car. Chris and I discussed flooring it to see if that produced a different result. Both of us being to worried about babying our swap would always let off the gas when happened. Then a nice little tap on the gas and she'd be as peppy as ever.

When I let off the gas sometimes it dips down to like 450-500, other times it stops at 750-800. Either way the car is totally normal after that. Don't understand.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh. Hey.

a45fd22a-fa8f-46c7-b2eb-39d105955c93.jpg

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Wired up a $30 underglow kit getting ready for the Christmas season. Turns out, I love it lol! It kinda hangs off the car since it's held in by zip ties, but come spring time I'll have the wings West kit installed and I'll properly tuck the wires

I'll post a good shot of the car soon.

b822d1e20fe7436337cc4823dd297b05.jpg
26e4fb39b678521f0a284b9392a32e27.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Having a nice ride doesn't grant special treatment as to where to park. I don't give a ****. I'll park right next to a nice car if the spot is open. This is America.

If I don't want my truck to get scratched/dented by parking lot idiots than I park as far away as possible. I don't care to walk another 2-3 minutes.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
When driving a "nice car" I don't really care who parks next to me, but I do rather hate it when I park well away from the entrance, in the middle of an empty lot and a couple of SUVs are parked all around me when I'm done. Even more so, when they're parked close enough to be a serious risk of door dings happening. Happens more than would seem reasonable...

In that photo, it looks like the NSX is next to the entrance, and as such, the next available spot is perfectly reasonable. Also, that's plenty of space between, so I'd say that it's 100% reasonable to park there.

Just did the early Winter once over on the Accord. I'm getting some water in the passenger side footwell, so I'm going to have to look at the weather stripping at the front of the door...

Back