New in oregon

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
weird. do you have the DRL fuse in the fuse panel? if not then that could be some sort of aftermarket DRL system the previous owner may have installed.

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
The drl fuse does nothing. I can even go under the hood and take out the actual healight fuses and they still stay on. Just really dim.

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
Hi. I'm back. So I figured out my car is a Canadian model. Just to recap. My headlights come on when I turn on the ignition. I want to disable it but don't know how. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
since that setup doesn't sound OEM, i'd honestly just start at the bulbs and follow the wiring and see where it goes and what's attached to it. OEM DRLs would light up the high beam bulbs at a reduced wattage, not the low beams at full power. also, most OEM DRL systems turn off the lights when the handbrake is set when the car is on and/or running...do yours do that? if not, it'd be even more evidence it's some sort of aftermarket setup.

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
Thank you sketch. I started at the bulbs and started tracing wires. Nothing out of the ordinary until I got up under the dash on the driver's side. I found where they had a wire spliced in to an ignition power wire to the headlights wire. It had an inline fuse so I pulled it out and now my headlights operate normally.

trident

Reaction score
Thank you sketch. I started at the bulbs and started tracing wires. Nothing out of the ordinary until I got up under the dash on the driver's side. I found where they had a wire spliced in to an ignition power wire to the headlights wire. It had an inline fuse so I pulled it out and now my headlights operate normally.
Good job tracing it. One guy at the local meet up mentioned he wants his Accord to turn on the headlight on when he turn on the ignition.

Back