Weird electrical issue

capsidx

Reaction score
So, I did my swap and as a kick to the face my radio stopped working. The radio and accessory outlet both are not functioning at the moment. Ive searched the forums and interwebs to no avail. To start I already checked the fuses and they were all good. I checked the fuse in the back of the radio as well and even changed both to be sure. Is there a relay or something I may be missing. Everything appears to be plugged but to my knowledge I never unplugged anything that has to do with the radio/acc outlet. Thanks in advance

dawg316

Reaction score
You have a factory radio or aftermarket. Also what years your car

capsidx

Reaction score
its a 99 with a sony aftermarket radio. Im not sure of what exact model but its a sony faceplate on a cd receiver. Its an old sony xplod faceplate sans bluetooth and all the newer technology lol.

dawg316

Reaction score
useing a volt meter or test light. check for voltage on the yellow wire and with the key on the on possition check the red wire for voltage

SupraGuy

Reaction score
if it's both radio and outlet, then a test light will probably just tell you that you have no power.

FSM page 20-132 shows that power goes to the socket though a few fuses, and a relay.

Fuses #41, 42 and 54 are all in the underhood fuse box, but I think that those would cause more obvious problems.

Fuse #8 in the driver's under dash fuse box will affect many of the accessory power options, but should be checked.

Fuse #9 and the accessory socket relay are in the passenger side fuse/relay box. For the stereo and power socket, these 2 components are the most likely culprit.

The fuse(20A) is of course the most obvious, but the relay shouldn't be neglected. There will be 4 pins for the relay socket. One should have constant power (Yellow wire) One should be connected to the power socket (White/Red wire) one should have power when the ignition is on (Yelow/Black wire) and one should have constant ground (Black wire)

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'll check tomorrow during work and let you guys know the outcome. My assumption is Supraguy is right and is making think the relay somehow went bad. I'll check in though.... thanks a bunch

capsidx

Reaction score
I changed the under hood relay to no avail but I have yet to change the one under the glove box. I will change that tomorrow and update accordingly

Back