umop-apisdn's Chevy SS AKA Holden Commodore

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
Owned an '06 Miata for a good while, and slowly modded it bit by bit until it no longer became a viable daily driver. Picked up a cherry, low mileage, '99 LX 4DR 5-spd in late '14.

Sold the Miata early this year with intentions on buying a Mustang. Quickly realized I can't even get out of our parking lot without tripping over no less than 2 of the new body style so I started looking elsewhere.

One day I remembered that Chevy was selling a rebadged Holden Commodore here in the states. After a few days of searching I found a dealer that already had an allocation on the way, as ordering one would take 6 months to make it over on the boat from Australia. I placed a deposit and only had to wait two months. The car had already arrived at port in California, but for some reason took to months to travel to Texas.

Anyhow, who can argue with a 4DR V8 coupled with a 6-spd manual? Most of the colors offered are boring colors i.e. black (NEVER AGAIN!) and silver, so I chose a nice shade of "Arrest Me" red.

2rc7t5s.jpg

Accord (for sale soon)
10eouvs.jpg

Miata
18dogp.jpg

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Very nice! I wish I had the funds to grab a Chevy SS as a daily but for now I'll have to rock around in its cheaper relative lol.

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
Yea, the car payment and gas bill are a bit of a pain but you gotta pay to play.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
How about some more photos and info on the new ride? Likes/dislikes? I am considering one for my next car since 6spd G8 GXP's are so rare. Is it actually a Holden or did you swap the grill and center caps? Looks like the side slit is also black instead of chrome.

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
How about some more photos and info on the new ride? Likes/dislikes? I am considering one for my next car since 6spd G8 GXP's are so rare. Is it actually a Holden or did you swap the grill and center caps? Looks like the side slit is also black instead of chrome.

ofps06.jpg

2mra42g.jpg

Lowered 1" F&R.

Only dislike is gas mileage. Averaging 15.5MPG over the last year according to fuelly. The grille and center caps are replacement pieces sourced from Australia. Slowly deleting the chrome. Have a set of trim to swap out the bits around the windows in the garage.

Back