Rear Windshield Question.

NightHawkBlack

Reaction score
Hello fellow 6th Geners!
I am new to this forum, I do my own DYI. I am looking for some Honda pros for some greatly appreciated help. I have a 1999 Honda Accord EXL Coupe 2.3 ltr. 4 banger. MT. I need to know if 5th generation Accord EX and 6th Génération Accord EX Coupe share the same rear window size????? I live in AL and the sun just kills vehicles down here. clearcoat, interior, exterior, whatever. I have decided that I wanted a classic or modern looking louver to protect and shade my cars interior from the sun. I have seen that Willpak Industries makes a rear window louver for 5th gen Accords, (1994) Would it fit??? Does anyone know the window dimensions for the 5th and 6th generation Coupe? Or where to find the dimensions? Because if it doesn't fit I need to find a comparable car windshield size to get a appropriate louver! If it helps anyone out there, rear side window louvers exist, AVS makes them. Its for the 1999-2004 Acura Integra. The Integra and the Coupe have the same rear side windows. ANY one out there please help????

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Sorry, no coupes, but I do have a 5th and 6th gen Accord Sedans here (97, 99, & 00). I can tell you that the 5th gen "greenhouse" is narrower than the 6th gen.

NightHawkBlack

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I am guess I am going to be out of luck there with 5th gen idea for a louver, but if I can get the back windshield dimensions off the net, I might be able to get close with another vehicle model. I am at the point where I am not opposed to doing fabrication on the plastic to make it work.. I look in all kinds of Honda spec forums, and nothing about window dimensions on any of them. Anyone else out there?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I am guess I am going to be out of luck there with 5th gen idea for a louver, but if I can get the back windshield dimensions off the net, I might be able to get close with another vehicle model. I am at the point where I am not opposed to doing fabrication on the plastic to make it work.. I look in all kinds of Honda spec forums, and nothing about window dimensions on any of them. Anyone else out there?

I could take a look in the FSM, and see if they're called out in it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Edit; Nope, it's not in there either.

Last edited:
Back