THE Suspension Review Thread

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Brand & model:Omni Power Sport Version (12kf/10kr)

Price paid and from where: 465 shipped used 6GA F/S thread (discontinued)

Pros:
1. 0-4inch height adjustability
2. Spring rate/shock travel distance is not changed when ride height is adjusted
3. Large shock body -> recovers quick from road's imperfection.
4. Easy ride height adjustability, uses a small black wrench-like thing and just turn clockwise/counter-clockwise
5. Top mount included, very thick/strong as well. Install is cake since it's all assembled. Bolts right in.
6. GREAT price for GREAT QUALITY (best bang for the buck)

Cons:
1. No dampening adjustability
2. Can be pretty stiff so definitely be ready to feel every bump in the road.
3. Requires "break-in", and it sags while breaking-in (but thats same with most of aftermarket springs/coilovers out there)

Final verdict: It's definitely a great coilover setup for a DD, but I would go with Omnipower Street version on a daily driver. Only reason I got the Sport version is because I got it for an amazing price. And the omnipower coilovers are discontinued so both street and sport are hard to find.

Below is a pic of how my car sits right now on the coilovers, approx 3" drop all around.

Front Shot:

DSC01163.jpg

Side Shot:

DSC01165.jpg

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein Super Street Coilovers
Price paid and from where: $800, vendor on another forum years ago
Pros: Ability to adjust dampening definitely came in handy, ditto for height
Cons: Nowadays the design is outdated, a bit on the higher end for $
Final verdict: I don't regret buying them at the time when there were fewer choices, but I wouldn't buy them again either. Being able to choose how soft/firm the ride is has been really nice, and let me find my own personal balance between comfort & ability to cruise through turns. The springs bind if you try and lower the car too much and that noise gets really annoying. If I was in the market now I'd give a long look at AMR and similiar setups

Raymond

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein S-tech lowering springs
Price paid and from where: $260 shipped used (with the Tokico's) on V6P
Pros: Great drop (2"), exactly what I was looking for, stiffer ride than factory but not so harsh that it throws you around either - perfect IMO
Cons: None
Final verdict: 100% happy

Brand & model: Tokico HP "Blue" shocks and struts
Price paid and from where: $260 shipped (in package mentioned above)
Pros: Had these on my last Mustang and loved the ride quality, knew they'd be the same on the Accord. Nothing but good things to say.
Cons: None
Final verdict: 100% happy

Brand & model: Generic upper front strut tower brace
Price paid and from where: $13 shipped from EAutoTuning on eBay
Pros: It was cheap, looks great under the hood, definitley noticed a difference in turning/steering response for the better.
Cons: Had to remove the OEM braces that connect the firewall to the strut towers. Not sure if that made a difference or not but I would have preferred if the bar had fit with them in place. No big deal, but some people have complained about this.
Final verdict: No complaints here, nothing OMG impressive, but for $13 it's worth it IMO

:)

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein S-Techs (w/ Stock V6 Shocks)
Price paid and from where: Purchased as a package when I bought my wheels from a friend. (springs and wheels = $800)
Pros: Pretty stiff for just springs, nice lowering height
Cons: Not good to have with stock shocks
Final verdict:I would recommend them. Tein is excellent quality. I went for about a year or two with this setup and no problems (except for rubbing).

Brand & model: Tein Super Street Coilovers
Price paid and from where: $1280 from a shop called SpeedClinic
Pros: Awesome adjustability for height and damper, stiff damper feels like stock, rides nicely
Cons: none so far
Final verdict: Definately worth the money. Best investment for suspension that I have done for my car.

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Brand & model: Eibach Sportlines On GR2
Price paid and from where: Free from a friend who had them sitting in his garage after he sold his accord for a supra
Pros: Pretty damn close to OEM feel. The ride is great for 2inches. Not too low but not too high. Makes any car look great on a drop.
Cons: WHO HAS CONS FROM EIBACH!!! COME ON!!
Final verdict:Sportlines is the best out there at the moment hands down for springs. The ride is great as well as the handleing. It gives you a close to OEM feel so you dont have to sacrafice much when dropping.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
Brand & model:Dropzone Coilover Suspension
Price paid and from where:$350 Ebay
Pros:good for 2 weeks
Cons:cheap, sucks after 2 weeks horrible after 1 winter. Spring broke into 3 peices. strut perch broke
Final verdict:I wouldnt even recommend these to Osama..

Brand & model:Tein Basic
Price paid and from where:$700 local shop here in Boston
Pros:Easy height adjustability, smooth soft ride
Cons:A bit pricey, soft ride no damper adjustability
Final verdict:Great starter suspension, I love these compared to my 1st suspension wish I could adjust the damper...I would definately recommend these to anyone. Some people dont like the soft ride, but I like the soft ride and not feeling every road imperfection. There are a lot of them here in Boston.

lwlba

Reaction score
Brand & model: Ksport pro damper full coils
Price paid and from where: $750, local shop forgot the name
Pros: Height adjustment, one of the lowest that i've seen. damper adjustment
Cons: a bit on the stiff side
Final verdict: definitely good buy. i'd recommend it to anyone

TheHunter

Reaction score
Brand & model:Tein Basic
Price paid and from where:$550 used from a F/S thread here.
Pros:Very nice ride, almost like stock. WAY decreased body roll. Thank god.
Cons:No damper adjustability.
Final verdict:Nice suspension, the ride is great, my car looks sexy, and it was easy to install (I mean... I had help from the Socal ninjas, but I think I could do it now.)

A-cord

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tokico Illuminas w/ RS*R springs
Price paid and from where: $220 used from V6p member
Pros: reduced body roll, great performance, dampening adjustability, decent 2'' drop
cons: a bit too soft, no height adjustability
Final verdict: definately a good setup for beginners. moderate drop with decent performance.

Brand & model: Koni Yellow Struts w/ Ground Control Coilover Sleeves
Price paid and from where: paid approx $500 used from member on v6p
Pros: Ultimate performace around corners. Body roll is near nonexistent. Height and Dampening adjustability of one piece coilovers. Lifetime warranty on the Koni Struts.
Cons: You'll hear slight knocking and clanking since it's not a one piece coilover set up.
Final verdict: Awesome ride, Awesome performance. You can't go wrong with this setup, it's not too stiff, not too soft. Perfect for some spirited driving off highway exits. It's a little pricey for a two piece setup but Koni assures the quality by backing it up with a lifetime warranty. I would fully recommend this setup.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
logo.jpg

http://www.airrunnersystems.com

LS400_UCF20_R0023.JPG
4dial-dampning.jpg
Blw00017.JPG
sl.jpg
Blw00009.JPG

Brand & model: Air Runner Integrated Air Suspension
Price paid and from where: MSRP$3,999 USD plus dont forget some more customization and install expenses.
Pros: The best air bag suspension made by a Japanese company to date. Ride quality and comfort is same if not better as stock. Convenience for lowering and raising your car's height. Bolt-on for our Accords. Adjustable damping KYB struts are included. Maintaince but its that bad. Engineered to be the same as the factory Lexus Air Suspensions Systems. Not a Mexican Lowrider-hopping system. They have been in the industry for quite a while in Japan and they also have a Research and Development facility to test their product for quality and reliability :)
Cons: Pricey. Performance is not for race and track so dont expect that you can drift with them. Additional accessories are also expensive.
Final verdict: Best Air Suspension ever as experienced by myself. If you want it and you have the money then go for it.

Last edited:
Back