New member.

Reflectbeats

Reaction score
Hey guys what's up?
I just got my 2000 honda accord se. I'm pretty excited to start my project.
I've gotten some backlash from friends for being the "typical honda kid" (my brother an rx8 and most friends gti etc.) but who cares, Hondas are well built machines. I was actually looking to either just put a front lip and rear bumper to before dropping my car. I was wondering for ideas. Do you guys prefer a full body kit or just the simple lip and bumber? If you guys have any ideas or websites I'd be glad to see what you guys have come up with. Thanks in advance.
You guys have a pretty cool forum here.
looking forward to getting more involved here.

phi1542

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I prefer a full lip kit over body kits. Body kits are ricey imo lol since you have a sedan I reccomend the Wings West lip kit. Super clean!!!!

6456573029_a742d1d369_z.jpg

6456555363_df888d58f3_z.jpg

6456575623_230f2c781c_z.jpg

Along with those you can do wheels, coilovers, exhaust, intake, retrofit & blackhouse headlights, strut bar? So many things you can do haha good luck!

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I prefer lip kits. They look better and a lot of body kits never fit quite right. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your sedan

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home.

90% of ppl at here will suggest you lower the ride height before putting lip kits on. Just saying.

Look for Member's Ride Threads for ideas 'n inspirations.

Reflectbeats

Reaction score
Yeah phi1542 that's what I don't want. That car looks cleannnnn. I'm going to look into it.

Jordan_h alot of my friends say the same so that's why I wanted to stay away from full body kits in general

Sil2drv6 I'll Def look into that. I appreciate the warm welcome. Real cool place here. I'll Def keep you guys informed.

Luckily I have no mechanical problems with the car being that my uncle is a mechanic. So I'm fortunate enough to start the cosmetic process right away.

phi1542

Reaction score
If I could restart I would do suspension then wheels then lip kit first before touching anything else haha that will give the most noticeable difference to your car compared to anything else.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Lots of terrible body kits out there, but I've seen a couple done right that looked good. It just takes a lot of work and time to get them right. Check out the members ride threads to see what others have done, and take a look in the lip kit review thread as well.

RX-8's and GTI's are cool, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with the rotary on the Mazda or the ownership/maintenance costs of a german car.

Reflectbeats

Reaction score
Yeah redryder. My brother is going through some maintenance issues with his rx8 right now. Everyone's been pretty helpful.

Another question while I have you all here lol

I was actually looking to change the color of my car from green to black. I'm looking into wrapping the car but painting it feels like a more thorough job would be done.
Any thoughts or preferences?

Back