The connection with the car

Chichi

Reaction score
Hoooolaaaaaaa. I would like the hear the story that make you guys fall in love with your car, what make you guys have that felling of relaxing and satisfaction every time you guys seat in the car or how did you end up with your car.
My story: living in New York with my girl and 3 kids we decide to move to PA so we decide to buy a car and she pick a 2000 honda accord 4 door ex 2.3 manual in massachus for 1200 form a friend of her, at that time I was 18 now am 21 and didn't have any experience driving or working in a car so every morning before going to work when she was sleeping I took the key and seat in the car but i couldn't even take it out of the park so until one day I took I say to my self TODAY IS GOING TO BE THE DAY and finally drive it, that same day my girl call me screaming that the car stolen ufff when I when home she was going to kill me, I spend 2 week using 1 and 2, 1 month in 3 and 4 and 5 ufff a lot of time, the day to move to PA arrive we pack everything in the car, the was so full that It look like it was going to fly, the top tip of the muffler was rocking the floor, it took a long time to fully learn how to drive it properly and thank to all the problem that the car get with the time I learn all I know form not even know what kind of oil the car have to tell you every detail from it, I think that all the trouble, problem good and bad experience I have with it make me feel so connect to it that I can't even see my self without it.
That why I would like to hear what other experience people have with they accord that make them so attach to them

capsidx

Reaction score
I also live in PA so I know the struggles of driving on the worst roads in America lol. I got my car from my girlfriend's mom for 300 dollars. The auto transmission was slipping real bad so I decided to ride it out and fix the problems as they happen. So, parts slowly started to give way and fail almost simultaneously. After fixing the small things I took the leap and converted it to a manual. I havent looked back since that point. At first I didn't really like the car but then it grew on me and I fell in love with her. I can't see myself getting anything else in the near future but still reserve the right to do so lol.

Gradfien

Reaction score
I bought my accord (99 5-spd ex-l stuck in 3rd) for about 1000 as a project. I liked the car as soon as I bought it. I Started to love it when put in a used transmision. I had already been working as a mechanic's aprentice for about a year and could tell right away it was easier than most cars to work on. I also have come to appreciate the honda + quality.(I feel like honda put a little extra quality into the accord) The first drive completed the bond. my daily at the time was a 5-spd dakota which everybody tells me shifts really nice, but the accord is better yet and it felt like a sports car in comparison. At some point I started modding and haven't been able to stop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

datechboss101

Reaction score
My 99 Accord LX was my fathers first car, and he bought it brand new in March 12, 1999. The car litterally arrived to the dealer from the factory like 10 days before my dad bought it. And from then on, the car was with the family and all my childhood memories were made in that and now it has the memories of me driving the car for the first time with my learners license that I got the day before. The car also saw 4 other cars that we owned in its life and will be seeing more in the future. In roughly 3 months, I will be turning 18, and my dad is getting me my drivers license and told me that he is giving me the car for free. As of April 2016, I was starting to DIY things and mod her little by little. And by the end of 2018, if things go the way I wanted, most of the mods would be done by me, and those mods will bring character into my car and show my hard work and dedication to her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back