Replace cat with straight pipe?

98V6Accord

Reaction score
If I remove my cat and replace it with straight pipe/muffler/resonator would this be a bad idea?

Post cat I have 2.5 inch piping with 2 resonators to 2 flowmasters.

Would I lose even more back pressure and low end torque?

Gradfien

Reaction score
If I remove my cat and replace it with straight pipe/muffler/resonator would this be a bad idea?

Post cat I have 2.5 inch piping with 2 resonators to 2 flowmasters.

Would I lose even more back pressure and low end torque?
the less back pressure, the more torque. Changing around the header design changes the rpm that the exhaust scavenges most effectively. The rest of the exhaust either flows or doesnt and won't change the power band. At least thats my underdstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

98V6Accord

Reaction score
Ok, I have DC sports headers with their J pipe.

I had straight pipe after the cat to 2 mufflers and there wasn't much low end torque. I had two resonators installed in between the cat and mufflers and it helped.

I'm not going through emissions anymore, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I put in a 25 dollar eBay test pipe in my f23a1. Also ported the factory muffler for more free flow. Low end has not been lost.

Mine also has a gutted factory intake. Torque and throttle response are much better than stock.

Last edited:

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I
I put in a 25 dollar eBay test pipe in my f23a1. Also ported the factory muffler for more free flow. Low end has not been lost.

Mine also has a gutted factory intake. Torque and throttle response are much better than stock.

Yess...thank you. That's all I needed.

I have a v6 with a pair of flowmasters. Just worried about the drone. We'll see.

Last edited:
Back