car unknown sickness

jerico

Reaction score
good day everyone! i have 98 accord sedan AT. iv been searching evrywhere regarding with the problem of the car but cant find the exact culprit or solution. note: NO check engine light

-car wont start on one click, always crank but it will start for about 3-5 tries

-after driving for 10 mins and i shut the engine, and try to start it again, it starts very very nicely and with "one try" only

-but when i drive for about 15 or more kilometers and shut the engine, when i try to start it again, goodluck to me! i have to try or crank it for about 7-10 tries (as if all gas pours back down to the tank)

NOTE: fuel pump and fuel filter already been changed, and fuel pump works great when i put the key in ON position before i start to crank it
-after the car warms up or driving for about 30mins, car hesitates at 2000 rpm... idle is always fine, and engine doesnt stall.

-i have to floor the gas pedal just to get my desired speed but i know it isnt normal and the engine acts like it is "forced" much.

-when i floored the gas pedal, and the engine pass its hesitation stage, i get backfires on my exhaust pipe under the car (theres poor mixture of gas and air thats why)

NOTE: my engine model f23, i got NO EGR and NO secondary O2 sensor which is located near the cat converter... (im sorry guys if im wrong but wev been looking for it and we dont see anything based on the description or location of those two parts when i searched it on google) i just read it on one of the forum a guy posted that this model that i have is "electronic" thats why i got no EGR

this are the things that i tried already based on the studies i made on the internet, forums and clubs that i joined
-change fuel pump/fuel filter
-change battery
-change oil and oil filter
-change timing belt
-clean intake manifold and throttle body
-change spark plugs

when i go to honda service center, they want to leave me with them my car because they want to observe and use my car for 3 days burning my gas. that i wont allow and wud never happen.. (u wont allow anyone touches ur own a$$ ryt specialy ur beloved car) :)

thanks for all the ideas and comments u cud share guys! godbless

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It cranks, right?

Yes:
My method, see what the computer sees, run a obd scanner, bluetooth ones work great, with android program 'Torque'. pull up sensors and post. I'd be thinkin coolant temp sensor (check actual temp w/ thermometer), or iacv, or idk, I'm walkin blind!

Varnell

Reaction score
I thought I had an issue with the immobilizer. Turned out it was a worn key.

If your spare key is in better condition, see if that one works a little better.

jerico

Reaction score
thanks so much for the quick reply guys, bought a obd scanner before but it doesnt work with my car because the service slot for obd tool on my car is "the 3 pin slot" and not the usual 16 pin...

tried all keys no luck :( thanks anyways sir varnell

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It sounds like you may have a timing issue, but how the hell is the car diag'd with no port? IB one wire is the same.

jerico

Reaction score
just checked the timing but its good... replace the distributor whole assembly but still same result. no CEL light still but tried to chek my cel bulb, its on and working. im a bit frustrated already, cant seem to find any answer for my car, i hv searched a lot already on mr. google and tried every suggestion... still no luck :(

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I am a bit lost, time to start from 0...

Idle engine for 5min. Pull plugs, check smell. One smell like gas?

Leave plugs out, what are they?

Check compression.

Have any hoses loose/off/in bad condition?

jerico

Reaction score
thanks man for keeping it up, this is wt i did yesterday, compression on 4 cylinder is normal (about 100-120).... i tried to pull codes via paperclip method then i got "3 short blinks and then pause and then 7 short blinks" (no long blink thats why im confused and cant seem to find the meaning of that code... again

3 short flashes the pause then 7 short flashes just like this
---______-------

Back