DIY Debadge

skabone

Reaction score
I keep meaning to debadge my accord. I only want the H logo on the front and rear, and eventually both those H logos will be black.:cool:

Phut

Reaction score
ryan s said:
i actually just use a tiny screwdriver to debadge. theres enough glue residue left on the car that the screwdriver rides on that. you have to pull towards you, though, so it doesnt dig into the paint--takes a lot of patience and concentration. i actually did this to my buddys girlfriends 00 2.5 rs today.
a thin putty knife would be a lot safer. my idiot friend scratched up his trunk cause he was impatient with a putty knife.

cdubb77

Reaction score
skabone said:
I keep meaning to debadge my accord. I only want the H logo on the front and rear, and eventually both those H logos will be black.:cool:

I have the same idea. :cool: My rear is already debaged but I haven't gotten the black H logo yet.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
It seems that the front emblem MAY be different. It looks like it may be a possibility to remove it from the emblem base and use it in the molded in piece on our 2-doors. The rear looks the same. Can anyone confirm this>>??

cdubb77

Reaction score
Here's what my debadging looks like.

Don't mind my jacked up bumper. :rolleyes: I have to get it repainted soon.
de4lb.jpg

de24nt.jpg

de32cn.jpg

ryon527

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
It seems that the front emblem MAY be different. It looks like it may be a possibility to remove it from the emblem base and use it in the molded in piece on our 2-doors. The rear looks the same. Can anyone confirm this>>??

The front emblem IS different. The H emblems are smaller and squared in 98-00 compared to the 01-02. With the front theres a black trim piece than can be removed when you take off the stock emblem. That trim piece will have two holes in it. I used that piece and traced the shape onto a piece of plexi and cut it out. I then heated up the plexi and put a slight bend in it then painted it black. I then put the new emblem on the painted plexi and put that back into the grille. This was all needed because the holes will show if you try putting the new emblem over the stock trim piece. The front H is held in by two screws from the back.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has anyone else tried using something else to get rid of the residue? Goo Gone doesn't seem to work too well.

Back