f23a1 oil burn

oakshaun

Reaction score
she passed a compression test 150psi on all 4!! my spark plugs had signs that they were too hot but, they were also gapped wrong. need about .45 they were .25-.35. anyways she burns oil, quite a bit. but i can only see smoke after i hit vtec. and it's inconsistent. most of the time it happens in first idk if it happens cold i never hit vtec cold. sometimes it'll happen in 2nd and i've left a trail damn near a mile long from a NICE run in 3rd. if i stop and take off spinning tires it doesn't really happen but when i pull off from that like when i shift from 1st to 2nd it usuall puffs out a nice cloud of blue smoke. wtf could cause that if it's holding such great compression?

oakshaun

Reaction score
alright, seafoam it is. don't see how it's could hurt much. about these tranny's though, my brother did research on his s2000 and said honda made the drain plug too high so there was too much fluid. anything like that going with these transmission? and motor oil mtf or the lightest gear oil i can find say, 65w-80? because i just like to have gear oil in manual transmissions

oakshaun

Reaction score
ok, seafoam didn't work put it in the oil, put it in the vacumn lines, put it in the gas tank. but i think it helped otherwise. but after a good clean, replacement of the distributor shaft seal, and fresh oil. she only puffs out the smoke at 5750 rpm so, guess i just won't redline it anymore. i don't that often just checking for that damn smoke lately? (sounds like a good excuse right?) next step is to replace that cat and them o2's.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Uhh, iirc honda manuals use engine like oil, check your manual. Also drain plug should be low enough.

As for burns oil at 5500...tank still has sea foam? Do it more. You get more use of it at high rpm.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, also with gas, great! With air even better!

With oil? Never tried that, seems odd.

Oh, &
<--pro tech

oakshaun

Reaction score
Oh, also with gas, great! With air even better!

With oil? Never tried that, seems odd.

Oh, &
<--pro tech
what are you talking about?
and i'm a little nervous about somebody telling me to drive the **** outta my car.

Jarrett

Reaction score
Especially from someone who doesn't know what oil rings are. Oil rings are the lowest ring in a piston ring pack. Usually it's made up of three separate rings. The valve stem seals are something that, if leaking, would cause the engine to burn oil and still be able to pass a compression test.

Back