Nikon Coolpix L340 20.2 Mp Digital Camera

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I was looking at this camera for the upcoming meet because the rental price for 3 days for a cannon is $150+. The camera is $129 and takes pretty good pictures from what I can tell but wanted to know if anyone can tell by the specs if this is a decent camera for car photography. I was also looking at the Canon PowerShot Elph 160 20MP Compact Digital Camera with 8X Optical Zoom for $119. I know these aren't the best but its what I'm willing to spend right now.

1.Nikon Coolpix L340 20.2 Mp Digital Camera
Megapixels: 20.200
Sensor Type: CCD Sensor
Zoom: 28.000,Optical 4.000Digital
Camera Features: Blink Detection, Face Detection Technology, Auto Scene Selector, Best Shot Selector, 720p HD Movie Recording, Optical Image Stabilization, Motion Detection, D-Lighting
Flash Features: Auto On/Off, Slow-Sync Flash, Red-Eye Reduction, Flash Cancel, Fill-In Flash
Lens Features: Image Stabilization, TTL Contrast, Glass Lens, Full-Time AF, Seamless Zoom, Face Detection, Auto Focus, Contrast-Detect AF
Display Size: 3.000
ISO Equivalent: 1600, Auto, 800, 80, 400, 200, 100
Battery required, included: 4 alkaline AA
Weight: 15.20
Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty

2.Canon PowerShot Elph 160 20MP Compact Digital Camera
Megapixels: 20.000
Sensor Type: CCD Sensor
Zoom: 8.000,Optical 4.000Digital
Camera Features: Digital Image Stabilization, Face Detection Technology, Auto Scene Selector, Auto Focus, 720p HD Movie Recording
Flash Features: Slow-Sync Flash, Auto On/Off
ISO Equivalent: 6400, 100 - 1600
Battery required, included:
Weight: 4.500
Warranty: Limited Manufacturer Warranty

kn0x47

Reaction score
I don't know much about the compact cameras but from what I've seen and read canon seems to be the better choice. I think they're easier to use and better built

Plus by looking at the weight and warranty, I'd go with that canon

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Canon PowerShot Elph 350 HS 20.2MP. It's a little more pricey than the top two I had wanted to go with but had very good ratings for the price. Plus I was able to get a 3 year warranty, a bunch of accessories and a tripod for $200. Thanks for guiding me towards Canon knox.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Dude, Cali!
Thanks a bunch for getting this camera, that's awesome! Are you renting it or did you buy it?
I'm pretty good at taking pictures too with my cell phone. My knowledge stops there though.
Our meet is approaching! :lock:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Sorry, I re-read the post. Sort of read it in a hurry the first time. Looks like you were looking to buy. My sister has a camera she would probably let me use, it's a Nikon. I'm not sure if you wanted a camera anyway but I can see if she would let me bring it if you want. I don't know if you bought this camera just and only for this meet. Let me know man!

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I have been wanting a camera so the meet was just the extra push I needed to pull the trigger on one. Didn't really want to use my crappy Android camera to take pictures at the meet and the rental was going to be $150 so just pulled the trigger and bought my own.:)

kn0x47

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Canon PowerShot Elph 350 HS 20.2MP. It's a little more pricey than the top two I had wanted to go with but had very good ratings for the price. Plus I was able to get a 3 year warranty, a bunch of accessories and a tripod for $200. Thanks for guiding me towards Canon knox.
No problem man. Post up some photos after you get some practice

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
I have been wanting a camera so the meet was just the extra push I needed to pull the trigger on one. Didn't really want to use my crappy Android camera to take pictures at the meet and the rental was going to be $150 so just pulled the trigger and bought my own.:)

Oh ok, nice! Two birds one stone, lol.
A good investment for sure man!

Back