Tokico Blues Front Shocks

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Does anyone have a PN on these guys? Searching this forum showed only one thread with a hit (unless I'm not entering the right paramaters for a proper search?) and I couldn't find anything on Google with that PN regarding fitment of that specific shock to our car.

What is the proper Tokico Blues PN for the front shock of our car? I've found two so far, but I'm not sure if it's for our car or not:

Possible Front #1: Tokico HU3714
Possible Front #2: Tokico HU3456

The rears seem to be Tokico HU2934, and I'm confident with that one.

Separate question:

My current shocks, KYB GR-2, have about 150k miles on them. They aren't blown, show no signs of having ever leaked, and there is no bouncing when driving. Should I replace my KYBs (with the Tokicos above) simply based on mileage?

I know shock manufacturers state to do so no more than every 100k miles, but if they're not leaking and work, should I still do it?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I would go straight to the source and call Tokico. As for whether to do it or not, if your current ones are fine then there's no need. However, if you know you want to switch or will need replacements eventually then pick them up when you find a good deal and you'll have them on hand for when the time comes.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
This website is where I found info for buying them for my Prelude. There's a dropdown list where you can enter your car's make/model/year. http://www.raceconsultingagency.com/...s/g-50357.aspx

What about the front? I did the search with them and I only got a hit for the rears, which is the same PN I've come across several times, HU2934. I'm looking for the fronts.

http://www.raceconsultingagency.com/tokico/tokico-shocks-hp-series/hu2934/i-56271.aspx

I would go straight to the source and call Tokico. As for whether to do it or not, if your current ones are fine then there's no need. However, if you know you want to switch or will need replacements eventually then pick them up when you find a good deal and you'll have them on hand for when the time comes.

I'm leaning on actually doing it. I just need to find the PN for the fronts. Also, I've found out that Tokico is owned by Hitachi. I thought that was interesting.

http://www.hitachi-automotive.co.jp/en/products/shock/movie/

Enne

Reaction score
The site displays front and rears for my Prelude, so I'm not sure. Maybe they don't carry the fronts for the Accord.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
If they don't carry it, then they're not going to carry it. Which seems to be the case for the Accord and Tokico Blues.

How are Megan Racing shocks? That site carries the front pair for $155 and the rear pair for $155. That breaks down to $77.5/ea and I'm cool with that. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend after having seen the Tokicos go for ~$60, but it's still sub $100/ea.

Back