Honest opinion on DC Sports headers

iHazSnail

Reaction score
lol did you get ebay headers or dc sports? i went turbo so i didn't have any use for the DC sports which is why i threw them in the garbage

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well DC u get a warranty so u dont only get the header... u get a gurentee... but i duno... thats just what ive been hearing lately

NASOHC

Reaction score
I've had mine for over a year now and no problems. The flow gains are minimal probably so nothing you're going to feel. I just got my new ceramic DC's for the F22 build too. You can't beat the quality IMO... I had cheap Toms' Headers before and the fit like **** and the lower downpipe leaked from day one. The DC's fit like a glove and all the hardware included too (maybe not exhaust gasket) can't remember. Don't return them, keep em'... you'll love em.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I ordered my **** today and should be coming in the mail in 2-3 weeks. How hard is the installing? Any welding involved? Do you guys know if they come with the gaskets?

they come with everything... ur only problem might be is the bolts to the cat... those usually rust after a while... when i did my exhaust... the had to air scissor the bolts off and put new ones

NASOHC

Reaction score
^ Maybe if you live in the East Coast... no rust on mine plus the cars rarely sees rain too, that may help.

DfeAt01

Reaction score
No I didnt get ebay garbage. I got DC sports 4-2-1 two piece set from this company out here in California. I order all my parts from them. Well im not really looking for power. I'm going for looks and sounds. A nice deep low exhaust and some chrome with blue cables and lights under my dash is nice. I'm more into showing than racing. If that was the case I would've bought my buddies 03 Lude for 2 grand with 100k+ miles on it and worked on that lol.

DfeAt01

Reaction score
Oh and for the record DC sports will soon be owned by PILOT automotive as per the company I bought my stuff from.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DC costs more b/c its CARB certified. All the ebay brands just copy their design for the most part, with no CARB certification, and usually made of cheaper quality material. Thats why there's a huge price difference. The gaskets that usually come with the ebay brands are crap too.

If a DC header ever cracks or breaks, its usually the mild steel ceramic coated ones. Mild steel rusts and corrodes, end of discussion.

I have/had a DC sports stainless, never had a problem with them.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
No I didnt get ebay garbage. I got DC sports 4-2-1 two piece set from this company out here in California. I order all my parts from them. Well im not really looking for power. I'm going for looks and sounds. A nice deep low exhaust and some chrome with blue cables and lights under my dash is nice. I'm more into showing than racing. If that was the case I would've bought my buddies 03 Lude for 2 grand with 100k+ miles on it and worked on that lol.

They made a Prelude in 2003?? :thinking: Pretty positive they only made them up until 2001

Back