NSX Calipers + AEM 2pc. Rotors

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i just picked up a set of NSX calipers and a set of 2 piece 13" AEM rotors ... i know i can use my v6 brake pads but is there anything i need to know about upgrading to nsx calipers?

-Do i need a different brake master? [i'm still running my 4cyl. on v6 brakes]

-Where can i get new dust boots for the caliper pistons? [special order at autozone = fail]

Picture002-6.jpg

UPDATE:

just for the calipers you will need ... this is if you are already a v6 or 5 lug swapped ... all you'll need nsx calipers and nsx caliper brackets ... now the nsx brackets looked similar to the v6 brackets but i didn't check if they were interchangeable or not ... and the mounting hardware for the brakes lines will have to be re-mounted because the lines will no longer reach the caliper without kinking the lines ... or you can pick up a set of ss lines that are about two to three inches longer than stock and that's it ... throw them on ... bleed the brakes and ur done ... i wish i could have done a real write up but i was too busy fighting with the rain

parts used:
-nsx calipers w/ brackets
-nsx or v6 brake pads w/ hardware
-brake fluid

well it was raining on and off today ... that sucked, but it was worth it

Before:
Picture002-2.jpg

After:
Picture003-1.jpg

[don't mind the rust ;)]

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
lol look closely :ohyou: ... you see those allen screws? that's the bracket for them

wow! i never knew those were brackets! :run:

uuhh.. u think i'm an idiot? :huh: of course i know they come with brackets.. i was just asking if they will even mount up correctly on our cars... if they won't, u'll need a custom bracket fabbed

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I would think u have to custom fab a bracket but you would be able to use the same brake cylinder as for the dust boots have u tried ebay?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
as far as the brake master cylinder, ive looked before and the part numbers were different between the i4's and the v6's. but greg, and apparently you, have been running the i4 bmc on the 5 lug setup fine. so idk, i would guess you wouldnt really need it. i dont plan on changing mine when i go 5 lug.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
wow! i never knew those were brackets! :run:

uuhh.. u think i'm an idiot? :huh: of course i know they come with brackets.. i was just asking if they will even mount up correctly on our cars... if they won't, u'll need a custom bracket fabbed

well i got them off my buddy who had them on his av6 a long time ago ... he said they bolt right up with that bracket ... i just hope he's right lol ... so that bracket is factory not a custom one?

as far as the brake master cylinder, ive looked before and the part numbers were different between the i4's and the v6's. but greg, and apparently you, have been running the i4 bmc on the 5 lug setup fine. so idk, i would guess you wouldnt really need it. i dont plan on changing mine when i go 5 lug.

ya i haven't had any problems with the v6 calipers w/ 4cyl. bmc ... but i don't know how going from 1 piston to 2 piston calipers is going to do ... i guess there's only one way to find out ... i mean i don't see big brake kits coming with upgraded bmc's

Last edited:

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
nice cant wait till i get me a big brake kit
my boss has one for me but just dont have the funds at the moment

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
the nsx bolts up on the stock v6 brackets already no?
and the AEM upsized rotors comes with an extension bracket.

so i dont see a problem of this fitting,

I was actually strongly considering switching my wilwood bbk to a Spoon + AEM setup

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
ok so i've yet to throw the calipers and rotors on because the calipers have torn piston boots ... i've searched online trying to find a good price but 57.99 for 4 boots isn't making me too happy ... anyone know of a online wholesale or distributor like majestichonda.com? i found this site but like i said it seems pricey to me ...

http://www.acuraoemparts.com

Back