THE Brake Component Review Thread

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brand & model: EBC Green stuff pads
Price paid and from where: $73 for the front pads. Summit Racing
Pros: 2x as good as stock even with stock rotors. No brake noise and little brake dust
Cons: They are bright green but you cant even see them unless you really look.
Final verdict: Definitely worth the money and alot safer than most pads. If you need new brakes go for EBC!

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Brand & model: EBC Green Stuff Pads paired with OEM Brembo rotors
Price paid and from where: $55 for the rear. Amazon.com
Pros: Pretty good pads, I don't hear any squealing. I like the green...
Cons: MEGA DUSTY! DAMN! I have OEM's in the front with almost no brake dust but the rear is just dusty as hell. Gotta clean the rims more often.
Final verdict: EBC makes good stuff. But at the same time, their green stuff pads are VERY dusty. I would NOT recommend these pads. Look at the Hawk Racing pads. I put those on my wife's Toyota Yaris w/out ABS paired with slotted black EBC rotors for better braking improvement. Much better! They make good rotors! Also, Brembo stock oem replacements are great rotors!

jwong512

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Brembo OEM Blanks
Price paid & from where: About $50 for the fronts and $30 for the rears. Got them from Amazon with free shipping and no tax.
Pros: They're Brembo quality. Although they're not the performance end ones and they're stated to meet OEM or exceed the quality, they seem to have exceeded OEM quality. Looking at the vented design of the fronts of the Brembo's compared to the front's of the OEM, there is a huge difference in design. The rears should be the same but possibly just made of better material.
Cons: None, they're great quality for a low price.
Final Verdict: I would definitely get Brembo blanks as they're around the same price of OEM blanks, if not cheaper.

Brand & Model: Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Price paid & from where: I believe is was $70 for the fronts and $50 for the rears. I got them from Amazon with free shipping and no tax.
Pros: They're really good brake pads. They have a strong bite and stop the car extremely fast.
Cons: They require minor warming up even though they're street pads. It's very easy to warm up these pads and once they warm up, they bite even better.
Final Verdict: These are great brake pads and I would highly recommend it to everyone who wants increased stopping power. People have said that these dust a lot but so far, I haven't noticed any major dusting.

Brand & Model: Acura Legend CS Dual Piston Brake Calipers
Price paid & from where: $100 for a pair of front brake calipers from autozone.
Pros: They're dirt cheap and they are OEM rebuild calipers made by Duralast. They also have a limited lifetime warranty incase something goes wrong. My braking power has increased dramatically as well and it was well worth the upgrade.
Cons: You have to return your core caliper in order to receive this price, otherwise you pay about $200 for a pair of the calipers.
Final Verdict: I would contact your local autozone first before you purchase the calipers. Some won't accept the core return of a caliper that isn't the same as the one you purchased. Luckily, the one near my house didn't care. These brake calipers do require a rotor upgrade which is no extra work. You also have to get the AV6 caliper brackets for our car to fit the caliper and bigger pad. You have to either bend the dust shield back, cut it, or completely remove it otherwise the rotor will rub against it while driving.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Brand & model: Akebono Street Performance
Price paid and from where: $70 @ TireRack
Pros:Quiet, Clean, AMAZING stopping power, no crazy initial bite but stops hard when pressing pedal over 50%, Best PAD...no wonder Honda used them as OEM.
Cons: NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING
Final verdict: Worth every penny! I am sooo happy I did not go with one of those cheap off brands. If I could do it all again, I would do the same. As long as I own a Honda or Acura, I will purchase Akebono Pads!

10/10 :leeann:

UPDATE: HOLY JESUS...these pads get better and better the more they are used!

GET THEM!

Last edited:

kevo

Reaction score
Brand & model: Hawk HPS paired with DBA 4000 series
Price paid and from where: hawks($85 from local shop) (203 for DBA autoanything.com)
Pros: almost instant stopping power as always when hot they break the best
Cons:wish the rotors were bigger then stock
Final verdict: will buy any day of the week twice on Mondays:D

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Power Slot Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Slotted Rotors & Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads.
Price Paid & From Where: $310.78 + Shipping from Tire Rack.
Pros: Very quiet. No break-in noize. Low break dusts compared to OEM. No rusts on top hats. Authentic look.
Cons: Rotors are slightly (.25 lbs) heavier than OEM ones. Pads meet OEM breaking power, but don't exceed OEM spec. (B/c they're ceramic = low dusts & low noise > stopping power.)
Final Verdict: Good choice for daily drive, and for those of you who likes quiet ride.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Brand & model: ATE PremiumONE Rotors
Price paid and from where: 50$ for 2 of them (2 for 1 pricing!) at PartSource (Canada)
Pros: Cheap (Because of 2 for 1 sale), work amazing so far but I just put them on
Cons: -
Final verdict: I got an amazing deal on rotors that are usually 50$ each and seem to be of high quality.

Brand & model: Wagner Thermo-Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads
Price paid and from where: Aproximately 120$ for all 4 at Partsource
Pros: Work amazing, virtually no brake dust
Cons: -
Final verdict: Great product for my DD

Back