H22 Swap

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Does the slave cylinder issue only apply when you are using the H22 slave cylinder?

I am doing an h22 tranny swap on mine right now and I understand what you mean about the difference in the h22/f23 slave cylinders.

However.. I think you can still use the f23 slave cylinder on the h22 tranny. The stock f23 tranny comes with a small bracket that lets you mount the slave cylinder on to it, so you can just remove that bracket (two 12mm bolts) from your f23 tranny and use it on the new tranny.

I haven't put the tranny on the car YET, but the bracket seems to line up perfectly, the tranny's are ALMOST identical.

The only difference I found on mine is that piece where the speed sensor goes. On the h22 tranny, there are two hoses coming out of it (most likely coolant lines?) and the f23 one doesn't have any. I just simply removed it and replaced it with the f23 one though since I wasn't planning on hooking them up.

Anyway, I'll let you know about the slave cylinder thing as soon as I get the tranny on there. :thumbup:

Drift

Reaction score
Does the slave cylinder issue only apply when you are using the H22 slave cylinder?

I am doing an h22 tranny swap on mine right now and I understand what you mean about the difference in the h22/f23 slave cylinders.

However.. I think you can still use the f23 slave cylinder on the h22 tranny. The stock f23 tranny comes with a small bracket that lets you mount the slave cylinder on to it, so you can just remove that bracket (two 12mm bolts) from your f23 tranny and use it on the new tranny.

I haven't put the tranny on the car YET, but the bracket seems to line up perfectly, the tranny's are ALMOST identical.

The only difference I found on mine is that piece where the speed sensor goes. On the h22 tranny, there are two hoses coming out of it (most likely coolant lines?) and the f23 one doesn't have any. I just simply removed it and replaced it with the f23 one though since I wasn't planning on hooking them up.

Anyway, I'll let you know about the slave cylinder thing as soon as I get the tranny on there. :thumbup:

Those 2 lines are for the 4 wheel steering, you have to loop those, unless you want to run a tranny cooler. If you let them stay open, you'll probably leak tranny fluid.

As for the slave cylinder, if I recall correctly, the mounting points were different. If you can get the f23 slave cylinder mounted securely onto the tranny, then run it. I don't have an f23 tranny here to compare mine too right now. I feel like the bolt holes were spaced too far apart or something.

As for the

Erik123456789

Reaction score
here's the bracket that I was talking about (that comes with the stock f23 tranny) already installed on the h22 tranny, it lets the stock slave cylinder sit perfectly

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
here's the bracket that I was talking about (that comes with the stock f23 tranny) already installed on the h22 tranny, it lets the stock slave cylinder sit perfectly

For some reason I think we tried that we I was doing my swap. I just cant remember why we though it won't work. (I did this swap like 4.5 years ago, and my recreational activities don't help my memory).

CHID0

Reaction score
For some reason I think we tried that we I was doing my swap. I just cant remember why we though it won't work. (I did this swap like 4.5 years ago, and my recreational activities don't help my memory).

:inouteek:

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
Ok Guys the f23 tranny, is too slow for me. Any ideas? Would like an h22 tranny w/ Tall 5th. gear for highway. What parts would you need to do a tranny swap? i need to do clutch sometime in the future so thought i would knock this out as well.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Ok Guys the f23 tranny, is too slow for me. Any ideas? Would like an h22 tranny w/ Tall 5th. gear for highway. What parts would you need to do a tranny swap? i need to do clutch sometime in the future so thought i would knock this out as well.

That has been discussed before you should try searching. Look for afaccords transmission thread, or you could find a T2T4 transmission but good luck on finding one of those.

Back