6speed tranny swap into '00 Accord V6 - Need your help!

UCLAcivic

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Clarification: I thought the TL-S tranny comes with an LSD like the CL-S, am I mistaken?
Thanks for the posts. I have read TheHunter post and rec'd info from WerkMeister that just completed the swap. I have decided on swapping the tranny for a few reasons:
1. Lack of money to buy/lease a new car (and my car is paid off)
2. I see potential in this car and overall it is in great condition except for the tranny.
3. I would rather pay $2500 for a MT instead of the same amount for an AT slushbox from H & A (after parts and labor)
4. I miss driving a MT (every Honda I have owned, has been MT: EG, DC, DA, EJ and EM1)

Thanks again for the help guys. I am in the process of tracking down a solid tranny. I am budgeting $1400-1500 for it. Let me know if you have any leads on any of the parts listed.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Yes, tl-s does have lsd. If you get the tl-s, you'll go with 7thgen accord shift assembly/cables and it's a direct fit. If you get the cl-s, you'll go with cl-s shift assembly/cables for the direct fit. If you mix and match, you'll mod the pin on the shift weight.

car-part.com has tons of tl-s trannys for cheap.

UCLAcivic

Reaction score
update: found a few trannys: either getting a nice TL-S from canada for about $1450 or a CL-S locally for about $1500. Will have one picked by next week. Once that is settled, then i will move on the various other parts. Also, found the shift boot. << what can I say, I am starting small. :)
Thanks for all the help guys!

BigAnt

Reaction score
update: found a few trannys: either getting a nice TL-S from canada for about $1450 or a CL-S locally for about $1500. Will have one picked by next week. Once that is settled, then i will move on the various other parts. Also, found the shift boot. << what can I say, I am starting small. :)
Thanks for all the help guys!

if i were you i would get the one with the least amount of miles.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
also try to find a vehicle where you can strip most of the parts, so you don't have to go around buying different parts all over the place

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
and dont be afraid to go to junkyards, they have helluva alot parts, that you may find. And especially since your in Cali, they have tons of 6thgens in the junkyards.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
^ that may be true but most of the parts are for i4 accords, to look for actual parts for a tranny swap, trust me i been to all if not most of the junkyards for parts, anything CL related your gonna have a hard time, and then even for 6speed parts from the newer accords, well its still kinda rare because not that many 06 and up accords with 6spds end up totaled

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Try ebay, local tuning shops, or even have a buddy of your who work lets say perhaps works at a impound yard, well have him deliver you a "gift" :D

UCLAcivic

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. Right now things are at a stand still b/c I am finishing up my last set of law school finals. So once I am done next Friday, I will be jumping into this project with both feet. I am still trying to work some deals with junkyards for a good tranny. The reason for this thread was to assist in acquiring the necessary parts, so if you or someone you know may have any hook-ups or actually have the parts, plz let me know and I will get after it. Thanks for all the help!
Cheers,
SK

Back