Candy Copper paint

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with candy paints ?

I know EyeKandy make em. I'm looking forward into that type of color&finish.
Copper%20Brown.jpg

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
What are you wanting to know?

Unless you plan on being meticulous in your prep & paint work, I'd stay away from it. You better have a badass looking car, or else a kandy paintjob will look somewhat silly & out of place. If you damage any of the paint, you'll need to respray the entire car instead of just blend as it's practically impossible to match kandy to kandy.

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Yeah, right. Probably not a good idea when you think about it for a dailydriven. Still have no clue what paint i'm gonna drop on. The car aint gonna be stock, still not gonna make it a showroom thingy. The bronze look might not be the best option without kandy either lol.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with going with a custom color, and there's plenty that you can do to a 2-stage paintjob to make it nearly as nice as a kandy paintjob to a regular passerby.

Bronze is a nice color, but again...it depends if it's going on a car that looks stock or one that's nicely modded.

Do plenty of research/browsing, and find the look/color that's perfect for your tastes. Can't go wrong when you do that.

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with going with a custom color, and there's plenty that you can do to a 2-stage paintjob to make it nearly as nice as a kandy paintjob to a regular passerby.

Bronze is a nice color, but again...it depends if it's going on a car that looks stock or one that's nicely modded.

Do plenty of research/browsing, and find the look/color that's perfect for your tastes. Can't go wrong when you do that.

Yeah, well mod wise im planning on a massive handling upgrade (brake, bracings, suspension, wheels) No cambering/slamming it's useless to me. Planning to do my own body kit molding with the basic idea from KnightRyder and retrofited headlights. That's pretty much the phase 1 of my restoration. Phase 2 would be interrior and engine upgrades (I/H/E/C) by the summer. Tomorrow it's leaving to meet it's new engine :)

Edited: Wrong username

Last edited:

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Hey look at this! Looks pretty nice! And im planning on leaving hood roof top of the trunk Napple Gold (original sandy-gold color)

DSCN0465.jpg

Back