Aight guys....Track Day...

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Is coming up soon for me... And Im need of some good tips...
The Accord is auto, with the basic bolt on with nitrous. Yes the car will be gutted. Stock suspension with drag radials.

Now I was wondering how should I launch...
Launch with no nitrous..or
Launch with nitrous...

Now in my experience launching with nitrous has caused me spin through 1st and second gear not being able to catch anything until about 50-55....Now I HAVE NOT tried it with drag radials yet....

The more detailed question is what to do...
Launch with no nitrous, but after launch(still in first) turn on nitrous.
Launch with no nitrous, and than hit the nitrous in beginning of 2nd.
Launch with nitrous because I have drag radials...

Also what times should I shoot for? Break 14's?

Thanks.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
I believe it even states in the manual not to spray in first. Thats a rule of thumb, drag radials or no drag radials.

Id say shoot for low 15's. High 14's should be possible but Im not sure. How many shot are you running?

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Although it is the rule of thumb,and it is in the manual...

People do it all the time,they just suggest that because most cars have a short 1st gear and what not, but there are cars out there sparying through first either as launch assist or because it dosent do any harm...

But I am running a 75shot...

SIRSIG

Reaction score
Is coming up soon for me... And Im need of some good tips...
The Accord is auto, with the basic bolt on with nitrous. Yes the car will be gutted. Stock suspension with drag radials.

Now I was wondering how should I launch...
Launch with no nitrous..or
Launch with nitrous...

Now in my experience launching with nitrous has caused me spin through 1st and second gear not being able to catch anything until about 50-55....Now I HAVE NOT tried it with drag radials yet....

The more detailed question is what to do...
Launch with no nitrous, but after launch(still in first) turn on nitrous.
Launch with no nitrous, and than hit the nitrous in beginning of 2nd.
Launch with nitrous because I have drag radials...

Also what times should I shoot for? Break 14's?

Thanks.

i would try to launch with nos first then if you don't hook up well try a different approach (nos after first gear,etc...), but basically you need to get the car to move off the line first in order to have a good time.

also try putting a spring spacer (you can purchase one of those at autozone, kragens, etc... come with rubber or metal...) on the back suspension to compensate for weight transfer upon launch.

hey, i'm still just a newbie but try to give you my point :)

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
IMO, i found tht it is faster if i put it in 1, press tht brake and start the gas. launch the car go through 1st no nitrous, select 2 or d3 and start spraying

i have not drag tht way on a track so i cant "prove" its quicker, but it seems faster and consistent tht way. i have a momentary stick for the nitrous, no WOT switch

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
IMO, i found tht it is faster if i put it in 1, press tht brake and start the gas. launch the car go through 1st no nitrous, select 2 or d3 and start spraying

i have not drag tht way on a track so i cant "prove" its quicker, but it seems faster and consistent tht way. i have a momentary stick for the nitrous, no WOT switch

The putting it in first and gassing it, is what I do, and is definently quicker that way.
I guess Ill put it to the test now...:icon_gay:

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Although it is the rule of thumb,and it is in the manual...

People do it all the time,they just suggest that because most cars have a short 1st gear and what not, but there are cars out there sparying through first either as launch assist or because it dosent do any harm...

But I am running a 75shot...

The people who do it all the time are usually full drag cars who have the nitrous setup for their launch setup. For example the Supra guys who use nitrous to spool up for their big turbo's. I dont know of anyone using it on first gear in a stock car for launch assist.

Spray in second. Are you running push button or just WOT activation?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Don't spray in 1st.
You risk traction loss, wheel hop, wheel spin, so forth.
Start in second. Just make sure you don't spray while the gears are shifting.

Back