DIY 01-03 JDM Civic Fog Lights

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
i might pick up some clear ones if the diy is clear - im def not an electrical person.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Can't you guys just wire the fog lights to the low-beam headlamps? Unless you guys don't want to have your fog lights turning on everytime you turn on your headlights.

Question though, can you wire fogs to your low-beam if you have an HID kit installed? Using one ballast for two hid bulbs.

dynasty

Reaction score
tapping the trigger wire to the headlights is fine. because you have a relay. if you don't have a relay, then yes you will blow a fuse for sure. but i just tap mine to the corner lights. i'm scared that if i splice my wires on the headlight, something might mess up especially when i'm getting HID kits soon.

dynasty

Reaction score
Question though, can you wire fogs to your low-beam if you have an HID kit installed? Using one ballast for two hid bulbs.

i believe the headlight amp is too powerful for the fogs so that's why the fuse might blow. but i would use a relay to get a full balanced power and it's good because other fuses wouldn't blow up. i remember when i used to wire my fogs to the my headlights in my old car, not only the fuse from my headlight blew, but my interior lights, corner lights, dome light, etc. a lot of them fuses blew.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok i want to hid my fogs. and i got hids in the low beams. so if i use a relay then i can wire them straight to the low beams correct?

dynasty

Reaction score
ok i want to hid my fogs. and i got hids in the low beams. so if i use a relay then i can wire them straight to the low beams correct?

it's best to use a relay and trigger the wire to the headlamp. but i rather tap the corner lights as a trigger instead because like i said before, i don't like splicing my headlight wires. but to answer your question, yes, if you have a relay, you can wire them straight from the low beam.

kconn

Reaction score
so the switch that comes with the fog kit does that fit perfectly in our accord slots inside the cabin as well?

laosta479

Reaction score
the switch that came with my kid was horrible...that thing sucked...i bought one from autozone

dynasty

Reaction score
so the switch that comes with the fog kit does that fit perfectly in our accord slots inside the cabin as well?

it won't fit our accords. the switch that comes with the kit is too small. so what i did was cut my old switch housing and made it fit into mine. i'll take a picture of everything when i get home from work. sorry for the hold up on the pictures.

kconn

Reaction score
mk good to know, yeah i didnt even think to go to autozone to get are oem one

Back