door locks!

jeffpanya

Reaction score
okay so all of my doors lock fine except for the the back right side of the car does not lock, i think it may be jammed does not lock at all i try pulling and everything, so i took the door panels off to see what was going on and nothing i can press the switch to unlock and lock i can hear it turning but doesn't move can anyone help me :booty:

finch13

Reaction score
You can take the door lock actuator out and open it up. Over time, the gear either wears out or the bump stops can fall out of place and let the gear go too far. Sometimes you can fix them, but a new one is about $45.

Should be in the Haynes manual hos to remove it, probably 3 or so screws.

Crono139

Reaction score
Sounds like the actuator.

ACTUATOR ASSY.
$25.65 from the dealership

RIGHT, PS
PART # 72115-S84-A11

LEFT, DS
PART # 72155-S84-A11

Remove the door trim panels. (search for diy :darryl:, its somewhere on the forum)

The actuator is located in the back of the door near the lock mechanism.
1.jpg

7.jpg

In order to get to it, you have to remove the window and the rear window guide. Lower the window halfway until the bolts line up with two holes in the inner door.
Remove the bolts and have a friend help you take out the window by dipping the front of it down a little and sliding it up out of the door.
2.jpg

3.jpg

Put it somewhere safe.
4.jpg

One bolt in the bottom rear of the door will loosen the window guide, and then it slides downward out of a clip inside the top of the door.
6.jpg

5.jpg

Then there is a plastic shroud over the actuator. This must be removed. It is held by one tiny screw.
8.jpg

9.jpg

Remove it, and you will see how the actuator fits in and links to the lock. 3 tiny screws hold the actuator in place. Remove them, disconnect the electrical plug, and then take out the old actuator.
10.jpg

There is a metal bracket on the back of it that must be transferred to the new actuator.
11.jpg

After that, installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

Make sure that little thingy is in the hole :rolleyes:.
12.jpg

Test the window and door lock before putting the panels back.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
thanks a lot man ! i looked for one of these but couldn't find one !

pinkee334

Reaction score
okay so all of my doors lock fine except for the the back right side of the car does not lock, i think it may be jammed does not lock at all i try pulling and everything, so i took the door panels off to see what was going on and nothing i can press the switch to unlock and lock i can hear it turning but doesn't move can anyone help me :booty:

Weird! My car started this last night!! I got looked in my coupe last night....my driver's side wouldn't let me out...i had to pull a Duke Boys' to get out.

:eusa_wall: = me trying to get out

Back