DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

Blackspike85

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys... mine has been on for a few months now. I just got some wire and a switch and it was out in a few seconds !

RayRay

Reaction score
Im going to to this tomorrow, but i was wondering for using the paper clip, how far do you stick it into the mes plug? and just a regular paper clip twisted into a "V" shape will work?

RayRay

Reaction score
I did this and after it blank twice, it just came back on before i could turn the ignition off, whats wrong with my carrr =[

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this and after it blank twice, it just came back on before i could turn the ignition off, whats wrong with my carrr =[

Watch this video. You have to get the timing right when you connect and disconnect the paper clip. If it blinks twice and stays on, do it again.

RayRay

Reaction score
Watch this video. You have to get the timing right when you connect and disconnect the paper clip. If it blinks twice and stays on, do it again.

I did, do it over again, after the last step where it blinks twice, it just comes back on before i can turn the ignition off, and the srs light wasn't on when i bought it until a month later

MrLazie1

Reaction score
would this also work for someone who has a detachable steering wheel with no air bag?

fothermucker

Reaction score
I did this procedure w/ a paper clip snapped in 2 and it worked.

So if the light stays off then I can hope there's no issues with the airbag?

Mufasa

Reaction score
THANK YOU, that srs light was bugging the hell out of me for the last year, i didnt know what to do, i tried taking out the bulb, but there is no bulb o_O

I spliced the wires to a on/off switch that came with cathodes for my computer. Worked like a charm..
srsw.jpg

-edit: aw it turned back on... this may be a stupid question, but do you plug back in the MES connecter into the back of the fuse box after you're done or leave it hanging?

Last edited:
Back