Skid Plate

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
That's a pretty weird but somewhat good idea to get some street signs! I actually have like 9 signs haha.

A lot of people out here in NYC/Li use road signs instead of buying a skid plate also can be a fun little project to customarily have fit the subframe exactly

I've actually measured and sketched some designs on cad a little while ago but abandoned the idea, but now that you guys are actually interested, ill dig through my old files and post it up if you guys really wanna try and make this work? Just lmk! I also have a guy willing to help me with the machining too.

Down for this as well

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you think you're just that cool, use a road sign. Personally I would advise against it - defacing government property, or possessing it in the first place is a certain level of a crime. Imagine if you get stopped and the cop looks underneath to check your exhaust or how low you are just to bust your balls, then "Oh, what's this!" and you're screwed. You ever taken the SATs?

Electronic Jammers & Scanners:Street Racers | Road Signs:Stance Fiends

See the comparison? Both illegal.. and both could have a smarter alternative.

I would say definitely fab one up legitimately as opposed to taking a risk with a sign. Would be more fun that way too, and probably done right.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
To some it might be the cool and for others it a cheaper expense factor but in perspective its protecting the under carriage of our vehicle as we all understand hence lead to the point I mention that there are shops selling them. most of the sign were probably old/out date info or damage from accident or whatever and removed by the local/state gov traffic agency and sent to scrape so shops take the opportunity to make profit off them

But I'm going off assumption what local/state gov and shops do, I guess next time when I make a visit I'll ask exactly how do they obtain the road sign as well I'm going to look into how do local/state gov rid of signs that are no longer in usage.and I agree with the notion of fab a custom skid plate so you know it is a direct fit and hell you know you made it yourself or had a shop do one for which is cool but to some a more expense

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good call, I get what you're saying. Just lookin out though, don't want people to get in trouble if they don't know about certain regulations! Like if you get a decommissioned one from a shop that's one thing, but mentioning street signs - you know there's gonna be a few people that are gonna say: " I'm gonna go jack one, this one looks nice", or "let me use the sign I found on the road years ago" or something like that lol!

Bax

Reaction score
Just get one from a shop like mentioned above, and keep the receipt in your glove box. :thumbup:

Fundillo

Reaction score
if a cop can see the sign just by looking underneath your car you don't need a skid plate

accordrocca

Reaction score
Ill be doin sumthin like this within the next week
althought I can get road signs for free cuz my buddys construction company
ill be buying aluminum n not any other metal cuz itll be too heavy 3 16ths inch and fabricating myself
no need for powdercoatin or nothin cuz it'll have a polished look
it'd be bolted on n not welded haha

Bax

Reaction score
Yeah and let me know when you get started on mine. :hide:

nhldogg

Reaction score
I am currently going to be using a skid plate from a 2004 Pontiac GTO on my Accord!

Back