Broken wheel lock key?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I had a flat tire the other day so I wanted to put on the spare tire. I gave my dad the wheel lock key to open the wheel locks since he was closer, and I was taking out the spare tire. Unfortunately, somehow he broke the key. I think he didn't put it in all the way and applied a huge amount of torque, causing it to break.

The question is, how am I supposed to find another wheel lock key? I already contacted the manufacturer via email and they haven't responded, but was wondering if I can go to a place like Mavis and if they'd have a key that'll fit my wheel locks. Also, is it possible to fix a puncture w/out taking the tire off?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
fix-a-flat :darryl:

as for the key, u might need to wait for the manufacturer reply.. if u have McGard's tho, i think u can go to Honda and get them to match the key....

xci.ed6

Reaction score
ditch the honda locks, or forever use a torque wrench. I broke many key locks.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?store=snapon-store&item_ID=66815&group_ID=1641

the cone one, stick it on, hit it with a 2.5lb sledge a couple times. crank on it with a breaker bar or impact, and done. To get the lock out of the socket stick in a 3/8 extension through the drive hole, and tap it on the ground.

Easily as fast as taking off a normal lug.

lwlba

Reaction score
ditch the honda locks, or forever use a torque wrench. I broke many key locks.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?store=snapon-store&item_ID=66815&group_ID=1641

the cone one, stick it on, hit it with a 2.5lb sledge a couple times. crank on it with a breaker bar or impact, and done. To get the lock out of the socket stick in a 3/8 extension through the drive hole, and tap it on the ground.

Easily as fast as taking off a normal lug.

dang he sounds pro. i bet he tried to jack your wheel :lolrun: haha just kidding :D

accordc1

Reaction score
i have gorilla lugs at home the key works on my tuner lug nuts as well. If that is what u have.

Yogi

Reaction score
if u just wanna take em out get a socket that u dont like n e more thats a little smaller then the key size... then hammer it in... and use that same socket to take out the rest.... it happen to me took my set off in about an hourishhh

what kinda key do u have? where did u get it

pyaarawala

Reaction score
It's a Dorman brand (dormanproducts.com) Size M12-1.50 Item #711-355. It came with 20 locks and 1 key. Got it from Autozone for $30.

xci, the link you gave me works but it doesn't give me a price. But when I click Add to Cart, it says Product not found. If this is cheaper, I'll get this instead because I was thinking of buying the same set of wheel locks again and just take the new key. Will that work?

I don't have an impact wrench only a socket wrench. Will a socket wrench work for that wheel lock removal set you showed me, xci?

Link again: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....&group_ID=1641

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh, i see, spline drives, I was thinking
wheellocks.jpg

call your local wheel shop. Mine carries several brands of *tuner* lugs. You can buy them individually, for like $1 each. You can also buy keys for about $6. Take your socket with you.

Since your's isn't smooth on the outside, the best option is a socket is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAC-...ryZ46098QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
which has reverse cut threads on the inside but will cut into the lug nuts.

Stop a tool truck, ask them for one, they will have a few styles each. Matco = cheapest.

Back