DIY: Ulev -> Non-Ulev ECU (O2 Heater Circuit CEL)

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
hey thanks for this..even though this is for non-ulev it help me alot...im doing a ulev and its been wired for a non-ulev so im doing everything backwards by this. and i finally understand the wiring diagram..

so far my cel is gone now...hopefully it stays that way

Last edited:

VonDubz

Reaction score
hey thanks for this..even though this is for non-ulev it help me alot...im doing a ulev and its been wired for a non-ulev so im doing everything backwards by this. and i finally understand the wiring diagram..

so far my cel is gone now...hopefully it stays that way

Im happy to be of help. No one has really broached this subject and I felt like it was about time to post a DIY. I mean we have complete DIY for the manual swap, and I think this is some valuable information for those who are brave enough to attempt it. So for those of us who have pondered the answer to this question. This one is for you.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Hmm, for some reason I still cant get the cel to out. Followed directions n even switched o2sensors out. I did the non-ulev 5spd tranny and ecm into a ulev. Can anyone help me out?

VonDubz

Reaction score
Hmm, for some reason I still cant get the cel to out. Followed directions n even switched o2sensors out. I did the non-ulev 5spd tranny and ecm into a ulev. Can anyone help me out?

What is your check engine exactly?

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Haynes code 41 primary heated oxygen sensor fault. I've switched sensors n everything n still got cel.

VonDubz

Reaction score
you have to be use the non ulev sensor, and make sure you check for continuity. Whats the serial number on yur ecu?

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score

What was ur car when it was an auto? Non-ulev or ulev? The tranny doesn't matter if it from a nonulev or ulev...

I'm lil confuse at the stuff u mention, so is ur ecu/ecm a ulev?

If so u need a nonulev ecu to do this diy

Last edited:

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Yes, car it went into is a 2000 Ulev automatic. Ecm is from a 99 non-Ulev. I even swapped the exhaust manifolds and the non-Ulev O2 sensor with no luck. Also even took secondary O2 sensor fron non-Ulev and tried in exhaust mani still had CEL. Right now I have this issue along with no reverse lights or cruise control. I did the repin method to make everything else work and had to swap the clusters for the temp gauge to work. Starting to wonder if Id been better off swapping engine wiring harness since I already pulled from the non-Ulev car. I'm stumped!

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
To me I think its the ecu, ppl on here say the year range on ecu ur suppose to use is 98-00 and 00-01 but Wth my research I personally think ur suppose to use either 98-99 or 00-02 depending on ur yr or make..

I have the ecu for ur exact year and its a ulev which u wouldn't have to perform this diy.. I also have a harness for ur exact yr too lol but its a nonulev...stuff I bought and end up not needing

Back