G23 Build

akoutmos

Reaction score
I know you said you're trying not to spend much money, but I'd really like to see someone do a G23 VTEC with the longer rods/short compression height pistons that bisi offers. That'd make good use of the F23's stroke, while greatly improving the r/s ratio of the block. You could even order the pistons in a 12+ compression. :driving:

That does sound like a pretty enticing idea. I'll look into this. Do you have a link to the rod and piston combo?

akoutmos

Reaction score
The G23 build has been slowed down. Apartment complex managers tell me that I am no longer allowed to work on the car in the parking lot :furious:. Got to find a new place to work.....and need to get the Accord there now -_-

AFAccord

Reaction score
That does sound like a pretty enticing idea. I'll look into this. Do you have a link to the rod and piston combo?

I don't think they list that combo on their website. They introduced it last year at a discounted price, but its probably gone up a little since then.

The G23 build has been slowed down. Apartment complex managers tell me that I am no longer allowed to work on the car in the parking lot :furious:. Got to find a new place to work.....and need to get the Accord there now -_-

That sucks. The last apartment I lived in included a garage, which was sooo nice. Maybe find a storage place with power in the unit?

akoutmos

Reaction score
There are a couple of storage facilities near by, but it's fairly pricy per month and i'd have to tow the accord there :/. Especially up here in northern NY, we get cold winters...not cool for workin on cars

akoutmos

Reaction score
I don't think they list that combo on their website. They introduced it last year at a discounted price, but its probably gone up a little since then.

I remember that....can't seem to find the link either now

akoutmos

Reaction score
Same accord that I have had all these years. It took 15psi just fine. Then again my turbo is fairly small and the F23A5 motor is the lowest compression of all the F series...8.8:1. Completely stock block...this is the first time i take the head off the motor.

akoutmos

Reaction score
H22 head gasket and timing cog are in. The head has been resurfaced and the oil drain back holes have been plugged. I'll post images tonight when i get the chance. We are moving forward.....now i gotta figure out where to assemble this :/

Back