FRP Replica OEM front lip review for 98-00 Accord coupes

Raul

Reaction score
As some of you know, I bought the replica OEM front lip from eBay. The communication with seller was good, although no phone number kind of made it look shady. However, thanks to eBay buyer protection policy, I went ahead and made the purchase. The lip was delivered here in Waterloo, ON within 9 days. The under spoiler itself came in black, I need to repaint it somehow to match my car colour (starlight black pearl).

Quick facts:
- Made the order on Tuesday, December 8th
- It was $160US Shipped ($173 CDN)
- The lip was shipped on Tuesday, December 15th (I got the tracking number from Greyhound)
- Came to my door step in the morning today (Thursday, December 17th)
- The lip looks decent with smooth finish
- The material is light weight, not as solid as the genuine OEM lip
- It does look like the real thing

Alright on to pics (Please ignore the mess in my room :p):

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

I will also update the thread when I take pics of the lip being test mounted on the car. If there is any issue, the thread will have that information too.

Conclusion:
I hope my review helps at least one Accord enthusiast in some way or other. I do not expect the lip to be as perfect as the genuine one. However, for the looks, this should do. People who have genuine front lips, should really cherish them. I still miss mine; hopefully the replica will be good enough.

Raul

Reaction score
UPDATE
I went outside to test fit and fits like a champ! I could not get the passenger side properly because there was a nail from previous lip. The driver side looks great cuz there were no nails. Overall I love it! Check out the pics:

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

i need a DIY to paint the lip :)

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Thats awesome stuff. Im glad to hear that this replica lip fits. Im sure this guy will be seeing a lot more business as well.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
you're dumping the xenon sides monty?

Im not sure.I havnt worked on them since that 1 day..Im just worried about not being able to get/use to ANY jack points.They hang really low.and Is on the edge of thinking its part of a "body kit"

Back