★ Russianred's '86 Camaro ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Was looking on Craigslist and came accross this.. Decided to trade my $450 CD5 Accord for it, this thing has some fun RWD potential.

It's got a full interior which needs to be put back together, it's in great shape for the year, and the floor pans have been professionally replaced. Engine is a fully built 305 Small Block V8 with Competition rods, pistons, and rings, Holley carburetor and some other things done which I haven't figured out yet.. Sounds mean as fuck! Not sure how many miles are on the engine exactly, but it was built less than 2 years ago by an older enthusiast and driven steadily by him, and then by the kid he sold it to for only 4 months. Considering a serious weight reduction as well, wherever I can. It already came with installed wheel spacers and extended studs. Came with the Z28 lip kit and new-looking OEM fog lights installed! T-tops work perfectly. Flowmaster muffler, quad tips. Also has a Grant GT steering wheel.

The only issue is that the transmission is stuck in third gear and it will be the main focus of the project. I have found another built tranny locally which I may grab if the price is right.

This is my first EVER domestic car, and of the year I was born lol. Time to buy some SAE sockets! Already planning on tinting out the orange section of the tail lights, like asap. I'll be registering this one as an antique once the tranny is taken care of.

Here's some pics:

2012-12-22_12-04-28_859_zpsf6a53246.jpg

2012-12-22_12-03-56_38_zps382dbd80.jpg

2012-12-22_11-35-29_793_zps59bb41cc.jpg

photobucket-1544-1356199231491.jpg

photobucket-7598-1356199311322-1.jpg

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Nikita with an American car? :lawl:

Nice pickup for next to nothing. You say it has rwd potential, what exactly are you planning?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Domestic-drift setup maybe :naughty:

Lol I couldn't believe myself either when I traded, but I couldn't pass it up - the car and engine and whole package was WAY too nice. Just to think that this engine will just keep tearing up N/A power for years to come, for pretty much nothing compared what I spent on the CD5 and to what was put into the Camaro by the previous owners.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ :henry:

I haven't had the red Accord for quite some time now, that one's been long gone! As is the black one now too, for this ride. How's your red one doing?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Its still a cd5.... Haha. Its my wifes so she drives it more than me but when i drive it, it feels fine.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Going through rides like Kleenex's, Nikita!

Would like to see what you make happen with this one, though.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Nice.

I've owned two camaros, a 89 5spd v6 and a 91 305ci auto. Both RS and both were amazing cars.

Totaled out the 91, then picked up the 89 but sold it due to rust and found my current accord :thumbsup:

Still love them and hope to end up with an 88 iroc-z (just cause its the year I was born lol)

Good luck with urs. Nothing like that v8 sound :)

Ps- I had my tails and side markers and front blinkers tinted and it looked amazing so I actually sold it for way more than kbb value to some guy who fell inlove with it lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
SWEET! haha Looks like someone tried to make it look like a 30th Anniversary Edition lol.

I almost bought a late 80's blue RS, when I was in college. They sound great, and still look sharp when they are given some TLC. I will be checking up on this.

And may I just say, T-tops FTMFW. So annoying how no one thinks to put those on modern day Camaros, etc. Such an awesome feature, best of both worlds if you ask me.

Back