2010 gti

dtraill27

Reaction score
Given that explanation…DSG = big hunk of useless overcomplicated poorly engineered metal. Not unlike the 4spd 6GA auto.

I’m sorry but it is a ludicrous idea to make a car and expect the average owner to pay that kind of money for routine maintenance costs. And if you have to remove other parts just to get to it…that is just poor engineering. Germans must have outsourced this aspect of the car…:lawl:

I agree with you on this. This is VW's performance car so they expect the enthusiasts to pay to play. The general public is buying the golf if they want the hatch and that comes with a regular auto. The only positive is that it's only every 40K rather than every 10K or something crazy. I knew this ahead of time but it didn't really matter cause I was only interested in the 6 speed manual.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Do they still make the R32? If so I would say that is their performance car, and the GTI is their enthusiast car. Which makes it all the more ridiculous, really.

Manual is a no brainer with this car.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Do they still make the R32? If so I would say that is their performance car, and the GTI is their enthusiast car. Which makes it all the more ridiculous, really.

Yes they do but it's not the same as the first one they made. I think the best R32 was 2004 model.

The one they made in 2008 was so so, but now they made a new one 2012 model. So far I've seen only 1 for sale lol.

2004 had VR6 engine, which made amazing sound compare to 2012 is a 4cyl turbo engine with little bit more hp. It's not the same car anymore.

dtraill27

Reaction score

R is only offered once every 4 years. 04 it only came in 6 speed manual, 08 was only dsg, and this year only 6 speed manual. This year its a 256 hp 243 tq turbo 4 cyl awd. Nice car but not worth 35k. For that money I would be going with the STI although the R probably has a more refined interior.

Here is my GTI next to my boss' 04 r32. Need better shots of them together. His is an 04 with 80k on the clock
2011-12-14_15-08-33_650.jpg

Last edited:

dtraill27

Reaction score
that...doesn't even make sense in this context.

Intended or not I interpreted your previous comment as me ignoring main't issues or that the car is not reliable. The whole VW reliability is old, albeit with good reason for previous VWs, but in all honesty I won't have the car that long to go high mileage. I tend to change cars a bit. Car has been checked for other things by VW 3 times and a tire shop twice. Neither has said anything and I haven't felt anything while braking. Not trying to start an argument or anything just saying how I interpreted it.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Intended or not I interpreted your previous comment as me ignoring main't issues or that the car is not reliable. The whole VW reliability is old, albeit with good reason for previous VWs, but in all honesty I won't have the car that long to go high mileage. I tend to change cars a bit. Car has been checked for other things by VW 3 times and a tire shop twice. Neither has said anything and I haven't felt anything while braking. Not trying to start an argument or anything just saying how I interpreted it.
it was just that as i browse around looking at newer cars, i get a kick out of seeing brakes in that state (as 2 of my 6th gen's rotors are at the moment, actually). its like a "look at the cool wheels on this car" while not seeing the frozen caliper.

i definitely didnt mean it as an insult. i cant count how many pictures ive taken with the main subject in focus but not seeing a reflection, or something out of place, etc. thats how our minds work when taking pictures.

and the cars fixing themselves part is how i feel when an issue resolves itself. like how my CEL came on the other morning then went off last night without any intervention from me :lawl: love it when that happens...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
and the cars fixing themselves part is how i feel when an issue resolves itself. like how my CEL came on the other morning then went off last night without any intervention from me :lawl: love it when that happens...

This happened to me after my swap. CEL came on twice and went off...and that was months ago and nothing since. Little victories... :lawl:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Again manual >* I've got a good buddy (Chris RedRyder met him) who is a VW fanatic which is why my next car will be a VW.

Seriously love the TSW's on the car, without the pin stripe!!! Im jelly

New VW's have decently good reliabilty, and if maintained right they have great reliabity. VW's seem to keep getting better and better!

I have tons of CELs and dash lights because something is with my harness that was hooked up blah.

Back