★ Russianred's CD5 Saga ★

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Re: ★ Russianred's CD5 Project ★

Where is teh pics?!?!?! I wanna see whats been done, cuz it sounds like you've made sooo many improvements.

J30MAN

Reaction score

I'm already glued to this thread. :love:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Do you want me to write out a list of everything that needed to be done? Cuz I got it all here on a crossed out checklist lol. Can't exactly take a picture of every little thing.

Pictures, I promise that I'll get some once I clean it. If I posted pics now, it would be a little bit of a let down because she's just as dirty as she is in the first pics, if not more - I went ice cruising yesterday lol got slushy up in that bitch. OEM lips are not on yet - I am waiting until the car is clean to put them on, so yeah.

Most of the stuff I fixed was mechanical, preventative, a little of cosmetic, and sourcing of accessories that were missing when it was sold to me.

I signed up, but haven't even posted on CD5Tuner or Gen5Alive yet. They don't deserve teh reveal yet.

Last edited:

Accordman722

Reaction score

htup-1106_major-changes_1996-honda-accord-exJPG.jpg

CHID0

Reaction score

in for current pics.

This platform has tons of potential.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Here's some more, it's still dirty as fawk..

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg

Front lip mounted back on:

IMG_8351.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8337.jpg

Bay General:

IMG_8338.jpg

IMG_8339.jpg

Cleaned up the inside a LOT, but carpet is a bit stained, plus it didn't help working in a wet garage and getting and and out of the car:

IMG_8340.jpg

OEM Red/Clears (still working on that gunk removal with goo-gone/heat gun [Accord emblem is most likely going to leave a ghost which I'll need to touch up]):

IMG_8344.jpg

IMG_8345.jpg

IMG_8350.jpg

IMG_8348.jpg

Satin black muffler/undercarriage area and OEM chrome muffler tips:

IMG_8346.jpg

Heat gun pinstripe removal (ghost visible ONLY when you are standing like 1 foot away and looking for it):

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8352.jpg

Of course, project worklog:

IMG_8356.jpg

Rear lip still needs painting, that will happen when I take off rear bumper - it bolts from above, not the underside like the front one. I also need to rust-o-leum and paint some areas near rear wheel wells that the sideskirts cover, hence me not putting them back on yet. Overall I just need spring to get here so I can clean the car and keep it that way.

By the way - no leaks, water pump is fixed and the one seeping power steering hose is fixed as well.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Washed it today, it was like 45+ degrees out here in Maine, had to get that damn salt off!

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg

IMG_8359.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

Back