★ Russianred's CD5 Saga ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: ★ Russianred's CD5 Project ★

Finally removed the rest of the pinstripe. The best method was to use a heatgun and heat ahead of the work area, and use a plastic scraper with a rag on the tip, soaked with a little bit of goo-gone. Works perfectly. Then one more pass over the whole area with goo-gone and light heat gun action to get the rest of the residue off, if there was any left - sometimes there wasn't even any left.

Time to get crackin on the window visor remnants - all the doors have real tough 3M tape on them where old window visors used to be.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score

Cleaned up the inside a LOT, but carpet is a bit stained, plus it didn't help working in a wet garage and getting and and out of the car:

IMG_8340.jpg

The interior cleaned up very well. I'm impressed.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Thanks man I'll be sure to take some closer pics after it's actually detailed. That's just the interior after de-trashing and vacuuming it. Was gong to detail today, but had a lot of other stuff going on.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Thanks a lot brotha!! :rock:

I'll have more pix after I touch up a few quarter panel areas to rust-proof them for future, and put the rest of the black lips on.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

What was that turbine thing in the intake?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

LOL it's called a 'Tornado'. Don't know if it helps with anything much, but it definitely doesn't do any damage. It's advertised to save some gas mileage, not sure about HP. Not sure about the truth about the claims for it either, but since it's there why not?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Got sidetracked from bodywork today, and decided to take excess shit outta the engine bay. Dead set on removing all ABS components eventually, got a good start today. Also tucked a few things here and there and created routing shortcuts.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Removed the metal vacuum/coolant line piece, and consolidated those lines to where they need to go directly. Also unhooked and tucked the cruise control wire so it's not mounted on top of the valve cover and sticking out like a sore thumb like before:

image-1.jpg

Used a 6thgen intake tube with an elbow extension, to a cone filter for a short ram intake. Removed the ABS vacuum system components, and also the useless fuse box:

image_2-1.jpg

Comparison pic:

IMG_8314.jpg

This is all the crap I thankfully got rid of so far:

image0.jpg

Of course, going to keep all the bolts, clamps, and hoses and add them to my spare parts stash. The rest probably going to toss out.

Snoobly

Reaction score

Nice pick up! interested to see where this ends up going ;)

Back