JMillerS52's 1998 e36 M3 Cabrio

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
lol.....first post in like 18 years and it failed miserably....

But yeah Matthew....I ****ing love it. Where the hell have you been?!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i died

then came back to life thsnks to modern medicine

then died again

then hell spat me out and told me to wait until december

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Saw this one coming a mile away, congrats man. I never see this car as a convertible. Don't think you could have found a cleaner car in better condition, nor kept up like that, with all those records. Talk about buyer confidence.

A guy I work with is a BMWophile and when I told him I was looking at 335i's he said that you need to make sure to get a certain year and up (I think it was 2009 but I forget), because the earlier models had electronic steering or electric assist, which is what makes the steering feel numb. But I think if you get the M-sport you get an M steering rack anyway so it negates that. Just something interesting I learned.

I'd be interested to hear some of the quotes you got for the e46, still my favorite M3 of all time. If that's personal, no biggy. Congrats again!

Last edited:

CHID0

Reaction score
Nice grab, now it seems 3 New England members have this gen M.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
how's teh mpgzzz? :jae:

Well let me put it this way....in fifth gear cruising at 75-80mph you're right around 4k/rpm add to that that you are basically cruising IN the powerband it's hard to stay off the go pedal. The car just wants to run.......

So....to answer your question I've been getting about 25mpg on the highway and probably mid teens around town. It drinks premium gas much faster than the TL.

BUT!!

Do I care? FUCK no!

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I have some red/smoked taillights for that car if you want them ... Used them for like 6 months then sold the car. $50 + shipping ... PM if interested I'll send you pictures.

PS Congratz man hope you enjoy it

Back